What's new

What's your favorite vape cotton?

What's your favorite vape cotton?

• Total voters
Puffs organic.japanese cotton so far for taste just rip it off roll it up amd stuff it in...it does gunk up fast though

Sometimes I wonder if all the dedicated vaping cotton is just a marketing gimmick. I think I will be trying some regular cotton from the supermarket / pharmacy and see how that goes. If you don't see me again know that it didn't go well!

Anyone try regular cotton?

Yep.

I tried Just Cotton as my local B&M gave me sampler of it when I bought two RDTAs off them. Then I tried Muji and the wife pointed out that it looked identical to the Boots medical stuff the used at her work. So she nicked me a big pad from her work and it works beautifully. It doesn't taste like a damp flannel at the start like Muji or Just Cotton did. No wasting half a tank of good juice until it "breaks in". It wicks perfectly, never get a dry hit and a life time supply will cost about £2.

Vape Cotton, honestly. The expression Snake Oil springs to mind. But if people are happy to pay about 1000% markup on cotton wool that comes in a fancy packet with a stupid name and some marketing spiel then who am I to think a fool and his money are easily parted.

Yep.

I tried Just Cotton as my local B&M gave me sampler of it when I bought two RDTAs off them. Then I tried Muji and the wife pointed out that it looked identical to the Boots medical stuff the used at her work. So she nicked me a big pad from her work and it works beautifully. It doesn't taste like a damp flannel at the start like Muji or Just Cotton did. No wasting half a tank of good juice until it "breaks in". It wicks perfectly, never get a dry hit and a life time supply will cost about £2.

Vape Cotton, honestly. The expression Snake Oil springs to mind. But if people are happy to pay about 1000% markup on cotton wool that comes in a fancy packet with a stupid name and some marketing spiel then who am I to think a fool and his money are easily parted.
But medical cotton isn't cheap either is it? Not the same as regular cosmetic cotton?

But medical cotton isn't cheap either is it? Not the same as regular cosmetic cotton?

I can only post a link to Boots commercial stuff, not the pharmacy stuff. But speaking to my wife's cousin, who is a Pharmacist for Boots, and has checked the data sheets it is identical. You can get 500g of cotton wool roll for £2.85, which is deemed 100% safe for non-sterile human applications. Cotton Bacon V2 is currently has an RRP of £3.99 for 10g. So Cotton Bacon is 700% more expensive, but it comes in a nicer packet.

http://www.boots.com/boots-baby-cotton-wool-rolls-1-x-500g-pack-10087771

Been using Kendo Vape Cotton Gold for the best part of two years now, but I finally ran out a couple of days ago and decided to order some Native Wicks. Been very impressed with it so far

I have used cotton bacon V2 exclusively the last 2 years but i am starting and getting rid of it because it breaks apart really easy. @dw1986 do you think that i should give Native Wicks a try ?

Kendo Gold for me. Better flavour than all the others I've tried. Cotton Bacon is easily the worst

Back
Top Bottom