What's new

Where am I going wrong?

I have several MTL (mouth to lung) RDTAs and an Avocado clone, but I'm an MTL vaper who uses them with single kanthal coils built above an ohm and vaped at low wattages. I get great flavour from 50/50 PG/VG juice but for my style of vaping the Avocado clone was too airy and needed a bit more wattage than I'm used to. It wasn't THAT bad though. I really would put those coils on one side for now and try a few simple builds of your own in it to see how you might be able to improve the vape.
How do you build a coil to make it above an ohm?

How do you build a coil to make it above an ohm?
Thinner wires for more resistance. It's like blood pressure - the thinner/narrower the wires/arteries the more resistance/pressure. My usual build is 6/7 wraps of 28AWG kanthal on a 2.5mm ID - usually come out somewhere round 1.3-1.5 depending on the deck. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone I wasn't sure how to change the thread name so I made one that was more likely to get replies. Am I right in thinking that an rta would be more suited for bigger builds? I'm having more luck with the smaller coils & more pg but then I'm not getting enough of a hit as do like a heavy hit. Not into massive clouds so more pg seems to be the way to go for the juice for me. It might be that I need some quite chunky coils to get the hit that I'm trying to replicate but then as you say the wicking on this rdta might not be suited for that. Are rtas more suited for big builds? I don't want to go the rda route at the moment as I'm often on the move. I've thought about getting a squonk but Ive not tried using on yet

You want higher nic not bigger coils if you're missing the "hit". If you use bigger coils & higher pg you're more likely to suffer sore throats. I would suggest a reappraisal of what you actually want to get from vaping. Is it the nic hit you're missing or flavour or clouds as up to now it seems you were looking for the later 2.
Happy to help once we know what it is you want :)2

Rather than looking around for new RDA/RTA mods, maybe try sticking to the one you've got and experiment and practise with coils and wicks on the one you've got.

If you're not getting that right, you're gonna have problems with any atty :)

I wouldn't say I'm short on nicotine or pg I'm just used to used to a full vape. I'm thinking some larger diameter could might allow better wicking & a fuller hit. I'm not fussed about chucking huge cloud to be honest just the hit

I wouldn't say I'm short on nicotine or pg I'm just used to used to a full vape. I'm thinking some larger diameter could might allow better wicking & a fuller hit. I'm not fussed about chucking huge cloud to be honest just the hit
I'm really confused (often) lol. You're not bothered about nicotine, clouds or PG (throat hit), but you want a full vape?

I don't get what it is you're missing?

The one I tried was only 3mg nic & it vapes at 55w but the hit was really full on & that was high vg juice! Belive me I'm confused at this point

Ive tried high nic in low wattage mods & find it really harsh. I did just think bigger coils meant bigger wattage but why is this one hitting like that at 55w :s

Back
Top Bottom