What's new

YFTK Xeta Clone

Ive got the SXK version (supposed to be better than the YFTK) and the under coil airflow inserts don't screw in at all. Could be a dodgy one but still. Bit pissed but I suppose that's what you get buying knock offs.

Ive got the SXK version (supposed to be better than the YFTK) and the under coil airflow inserts don't screw in at all. Could be a dodgy one but still. Bit pissed but I suppose that's what you get buying knock offs.
I can only say that I have both and the inserts work fine in both. I'm sorry for this in your instance, but honestly, I've never heard that before.

I've seen people with the authentic and both clones who say you can't even tell the difference from the authentic.

I've been looking at the yftk version to try before shelling out for an authentic. How have anyone found the threading? Especially for the inserts?

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting. I got 2 black and one of the clear SXK Xeta barrels. I've tried one black one and one clear one. The black one works fine. No change in resistance and no change in anything else either.

However, with the clear one, the thing that I greatly feared has come upon me. It's makes no connection and doesn't fire at all. You can see the tiniest gap between the chimney and the post.

Of course this should be easily fixable by lightly taking a hair off the top of the barrel. With maybe some fine emery cloth. I haven't done it yet, but it should work.

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting. I got 2 black and one of the clear SXK Xeta barrels. I've tried one black one and one clear one. The black one works fine. No change in resistance and no change in anything else either.

However, with the clear one, the thing that I greatly feared has come upon me. It's makes no connection and doesn't fire at all. You can see the tiniest gap between the chimney and the post.

Of course this should be easily fixable by lightly taking a hair off the top of the barrel. With maybe some fine emery cloth. I haven't done it yet, but it should work.
Probably the same tolerances that Haku used as theirs are intermittent with connectivity :D. Got both sets & issues with the clear ones on both the OG & clone so can't say it's a clone problem.

Probably the same tolerances that Haku used as theirs are intermittent with connectivity :D. Got both sets & issues with the clear ones on both the OG & clone so can't say it's a clone problem.
Yeah, that's spooky. Makes ya wonder if Haku is getting theirs from SXK. Or if both are made at the same place.

Taking like a half mil off the top, or actually even the bottom, which would tighten the wicking ports a hair, should fix it.

Yeah, that's spooky. Makes ya wonder if Haku is getting theirs from SXK. Or if both are made at the same place.

Taking like a half mil off the top, or actually even the bottom, which would tighten the wicking ports a hair, should fix it.
Just think it's difficult to be so accurate with PEI/plastics. Had a set of bubble glass tanks that had slight variations so think it's part & parcel of production.

Back
Top Bottom