What's new

Help please.

I no it sounds daft. But have you took it apart to put back together again. I've done the same when I've had a brain fart and a post has been in the wrong way round ect ect. Ive tried putting +ve and -ve post in the worng way round ect and wonder why things dont fit right.

I no it sounds daft. But have you took it apart to put back together again. I've done the same when I've had a brain fart and a post has been in the wrong way round ect ect. Ive tried putting +ve and -ve post in the worng way round ect and wonder why things dont fit right.
One post is considerably bigger than the other so it's quite easy to see if it's in the wrong place. But I do like your thinking though and i know I've probably just done stupid. It worked prior to me taking it apart. The longest screw (i dont know if it's the + or -) screws into a small circular disk which screws into the 510 pin. It's that screw and the post which is sliding about. I've taken it apart and rebuilt it and i also tried to make a tiny washer to stop the post sliding but when i unscrew the screw to put a build in the whole thing gets shoogly.

Apologies, that was a total ramble haha

Its 10am on a Saturday.... i think we'd all forgive you for rambling away @vapemac lol

Like someones said before, its hard to actually know whats causing it without getting out hands on it. I'd go over every single screw, plate and post again.... even checking the 510 screw on the bottom.

You'll sort it eventually dude...... Im looking forward to your brainfart moment. I had mine the other day re-building the TFV8 because it kept tasting burnt.... new coils and 2 re-wicks.... eventually worked out the tank needs juice and thats after 5 years of vaping lol.

Oh believe me........... I invented the Brain Fart moment!! The ridiculous things I have done............. Hey Ho. I believe they call it a "Learning Curve" in polite circles?
My personal learning curve has become a circle many times over I assure you.:30:

One post is considerably bigger than the other so it's quite easy to see if it's in the wrong place. But I do like your thinking though and i know I've probably just done stupid. It worked prior to me taking it apart. The longest screw (i dont know if it's the + or -) screws into a small circular disk which screws into the 510 pin. It's that screw and the post which is sliding about. I've taken it apart and rebuilt it and i also tried to make a tiny washer to stop the post sliding but when i unscrew the screw to put a build in the whole thing gets shoogly.

Apologies, that was a total ramble haha
Different issue but this link has pictures of that taifun base in pieces. It may help you see what's gone tits up.
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/taifun-gt-510-center-pin-issue.t2363/
Good luck.

Different issue but this link has pictures of that taifun base in pieces. It may help you see what's gone tits up.
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/taifun-gt-510-center-pin-issue.t2363/
Good luck.
Thank you eye ball kid.

I've taken it apart again to take some pictures. In the first picture you can see the post protruding from the bottom to the deck. I've pushed it down further in the second picture so that it can be seen properly. It shouldn't be doing that surely? The only thing that holds the deck to that disk is the post screw so no wonder it moves when it's unscrewed but prior to taking it apart and washing it, it never became loose. From that pictures you've shown me it looks like I've got everything @eyeball kid. The insulating disk is there but its smaller. There is talk of a small o ring. Maybe that was sitting at the bottom of the post and it fell off.

DSC_0634.JPG

DSC_0636.JPG

Looks like it's just push fit? If so make it not so perfect/round, squeeze it with some pliers (gently) then hammer it in..... (Gently!)

This is where manufacturers seem to make life more difficult than it should be?
The Taifun GT and GT2 were SUPERB........ so WHY change things. Kayfun learned their lesson TWICE, the appalling 3.1 was just awful and as for the V4, words fail me. But they redeemed themselves with the MiniV3 and now the 5.
Taifun took their eye off the ball it would seem.

Looks like it's just push fit? If so make it not so perfect/round, squeeze it with some pliers (gently) then hammer it in..... (Gently!)
Yeah it's just push fit. If i do that would i not have an issue threading the screw through the post?

Yeah it's just push fit. If i do that would i not have an issue threading the screw through the post?

Leave the screw in, you only need to "un square" or round in this case the part that holds into the deck

Back
Top Bottom