What's new

Kayfun Mini v3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see that having happened knowing how religiously Carol maintains her RTAs. An Ultrasonic Bath once a week after a rinse under warm water to get off any residue. She even removed the airflow Screw so that there was NO chance of any gunking up.

The ONLY other thing I keep thinking about, came from another comment that someone else made. He mentioned that he had to periodically remove the Top Cap to release any pressure that had built up? Well, I NEVER EVER Fill ANY Tank to capacity, always leaving about 10 percent empty. It's something I have done from Day One, so perhaps it is worth checking how full the tank is? Can't see that being an issue, but I'm fast running out of ideas.
Any suggestion is a good one at this stage :ape:

Just an open question to you guys, I just watched the Canadian guy, when he fans his wick into the deck, I assume he's covering the juice holes? I think I always avoided this as not to bung them up

IF you are still struggling after a weekend of attempts, I'll send you another one to try. I really cannot see how anything could have gone wrong during transport to you, but we cannot rule that out either?

I always cut my wick tails so that they are "just" resting on the base of the wick wells, no more than that. You'll know when you have them too short...... Dry Hits.

I always cut my wick tails so that they are "just" resting on the base of the wick wells, no more than that. You'll know when you have them too short...... Dry Hits.

Cheers pal, I am indeed a Kayfun deck rester :D But, do those rested wicks cover the juice holes or do you leave them uncovered? Just musing is all, as I'm sure I made sure no wick was covering them

When I clean it before my next attempt I'm considering taking every last piece apart to ensure there's no blockage, good shout do you think?

Personally, I think it would be a good idea, if only to rule out the possibility of it being an issue. And give the base and air shaft a good blow through afterwards to clear any water out.

If unsure at any point, take some pics and post them. Fasttech are useful for reference as they show pics of the tank taken apart:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006473/4424400-sxk-kayfun-mini-v3-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank

When you put it all back together, just check that the rectangular pole plate and gasket under the positive screw are still sitting square in the deck - they can go a bit squiffy as you tighten the base up again.

This may sound slightly counter intuitive and with the potential to cause leaks... But, try leaving a tiny gap in the wick channel, preferably on the opposite side of the air intake. if you're blocking access completely you will create a vacuum in the chamber which will stop juice flowing in as freely.

@Rob Bix said the tank was working fine on arrival, and I know how well you and Carol maintain your tanks. Any 'gunking' might have happened whilst he was using it before it went wrong. I didn't mean to cast nasturtiums on your tank maintenance!! :D

Cheers pal, I am indeed a Kayfun deck rester :D But, do those rested wicks cover the juice holes or do you leave them uncovered? Just musing is all, as I'm sure I made sure no wick was covering them

The wick Tails are literally just resting on the juice holes, no more than that. :2thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom