What's new

Kayfun Mini v3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear oh dear oh dear ...... first @chubbaduckie ............. and now you misbehaving!! :whipping:

What was it got you going - 'screw' or 'shaft'? Or was it the thought of 'half way down' ............ ;)

*I won't tell anyone, but I know it was 'air flow' really ........ * :P
gas-mask-try1.jpg

I think it was the combination of them all. :D

clutching at straws but are you sure your opening the juice flow 2 full turns ? skip to 9.50 mins

... oh and please put that whip away @Crewella ...... it really isn't helping.
Sorry!! :D

Joking aside, my interest is piqued now. This seems to be happening often enough to make me wonder if there might be something that goes awry, and the fact that @quincey43 has several Mini V3s but problems with only one of them does seem to make me wonder if it might be more than just user error?

@johnnyace this is one of the things that's confusing me. To be perfectly honest, I had absolutely no idea whether or not I was covering the holes with the wick - I hadn't looked at it that carefully! Maybe I've just gotten lucky every time I've built and wicked it, but up until this thread I had the KF Mini V3 down as a very forgiving tank that was no trouble to build. That's how it's been for me. I have a Kayfun Mini V2.1 as well, and I KNOW that will be a leaky pain in the butt if I don't get it exactly right.

Like I said at the beginning of all this, I'm no expert, but if anyone with a problem one wants to send it to me I'll happily have a look and compare with to mine to see if I can work out what's happening.

Literally just finished rebuilding it @Crewella , this time I made sure there was wick over the juice holes as before, as per my Geek Spreadsheet Wicking Notes tells me that I trimmed the width of the wick so it wouldn't. I can only think I didn't have enough wick in there & dropped lucky on a couple of earlier builds. I'll see what it's like over the next few days

Literally just finished rebuilding it @Crewella , this time I made sure there was wick over the juice holes as before, as per my Geek Spreadsheet Wicking Notes tells me that I trimmed the width of the wick so it wouldn't. I can only think I didn't have enough wick in there & dropped lucky on a couple of earlier builds. I'll see what it's like over the next few days
Wow, you have a spreadsheet!! :22::worship: :P

I really hope you've got it licked this time - fingers crossed! :)

@bix_vapes enjoy your break by the way, let us know how you get on when to come to attack it again! :D

...... dry hits/wicking issues could be partly down to vaping style too ... I have a fairly slow vaping style and I don't continuously cane the hell out of it ever .... if you are just vaping continuously I don't think any wick is ever going to keep up. I never seem to worry too much and never seem to have any wicking issues with any tanks, that can't be luck and it's not skill that's for sure.

Wow, you have a spreadsheet!! :22::worship: :P

I really hope you've got it licked this time - fingers crossed! :)

@bix_vapes enjoy your break by the way, let us know how you get on when to come to attack it again! :D

I do, I had a thread about it & while back & I'm not the only one :P :D

I'm using Koh Gen Do at the moment I think I took too thick a layer off so didn't have as much in the coil as I'd have liked so I'm blame that if it goes Pete Tong, easy fix

...... dry hits/wicking issues could be partly down to vaping style too ... I have a fairly slow vaping style and I don't continuously cane the hell out of it ever .... if you are just vaping continuously I don't think any wick is ever going to keep up. I never seem to worry too much and never seem to have any wicking issues with any tanks, that can't be luck and it's not skill that's for sure.
That's a good point. I take long, slow drags as well. I only realised how long recently when I got that mod that cut out after 10 seconds ....... a few times it cut me off before I was ready! :D

@johnnyace hopefully it won't matter - but as you say, easy fix. I remember that spreadsheet thread now! :D

That's a good point. I take long, slow drags as well. I only realised how long recently when I got that mod that cut out after 10 seconds ....... a few times it cut me off before I was ready!

lol.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom