What's new

Cthulhu 1928 MTL Squonk Atty

If you own the 1928 what rating would you give it, 0-5?

• 0 - Exceptionally Bad, Do not buy under any circumstances

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Bad, Not Usually Recommended

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Average, Might be worth a punt if it appeals to you

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3 - Above Average, a decent bit of kit

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 4 - Good, Highly recommended for most people

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 5 - Exceptionally Good, Just buy it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
I don’t have one of these, so please feel free to ignore. But this problem of the slight space between the airflow ring and hikes on the cap. Would this. o be the case on any atty which has an airflow ring held on by o rings?

Because of the design it's just more noticeable on this, it's quite a big gap, the top part is tight on the o-rings but not tight to the base part at all and the holes are next to each other.

The corolla's airflow is very similar but there's not a large row of holes letting air in and the amount the o-rings poke out from their slots in minimal, so the top cap is still a close fit to the base, on the 1928 I'd guess that the top cap is sat on half the o-ring thickness, so probably it has a gap of 0.5mm or something between the cap and the base which is a lot of space for air ... especially with a whole row of holes next to each other.

Because of the design it's just more noticeable on this, it's quite a big gap, the top part is tight on the o-rings but not tight to the base part at all and the holes are next to each other.

The corolla's airflow is very similar but there's not a large row of holes letting air in and the amount the o-rings poke out from their slots in minimal, so the top cap is still a close fit to the base, on the 1928 I'd guess that the top cap is sat on half the o-ring thickness, so probably it has a gap of 0.5mm or something between the cap and the base which is a lot of space for air ... especially with a whole row of holes next to each other.
we will adjust tolerance, try to make it tighter.

Thanks to your recommendations, I've been enjoying this RDA a lot more with bold tobacco flavors. In fact, it's converted me to a daily MTL vaper along with my usual DTL devices. I have upgraded my rating to a 4, as I think for the price it's a no brainer for just about anyone who can deal with a rebuildable, even the merely MTL curious.

So next question: where to go from here? What other devices compare favorably to this in terms of the flavor/vape quality? High end? Kayfun Prime? I already have a Berserker RTA and Lost Vape Orion, neither of which I think vape nearly as nice as the 1928.

hi 1928 rda users,
please post your feedback, we will improve it. thanks. :bliss:

Two things:

1) Inside the top cap at the base, the edges of the notch are a bit too sharp and rough on the o rings. If these edges were smoother I think the o rings would last longer and they would make top cap replacement easier. Also the o rings wouldn't get torn as much on initial dry assembly. Better quality o rings would be nice too.

2) As many have noted, the current airflow arrangement tends toward a looser MTL draw and having a tighter option would be preferable for many vapers looking to imitate a cigarette draw. I was thinking that one way to accomplish this with the current design might be to drill a second smaller hole through the deck directly opposite the existing one. This way the user could switch the orientation of the deck if they preferred a tighter draw. It should be possible to test this on an existing deck. I may try it this weekend if I have time and an appropriate bit.

hi 1928 rda users,
please post your feedback, we will improve it. thanks. :bliss:

I love mine, I have the black one, using it as a dripper with NI80 Coilology MTL clapton wire, vaping 6mg 50/50 juice at around 15w. I agree with the o-ring comment above, I broke an o-ring very soon after buying this rda but other than that it works very well for me, I use it all day.

My airflow modification was successful. I had to use a 1/16" (1.5mm) drill bit as it was the smallest I had that would fit in my chuck. This is larger than I wanted but it is still a reduction over the stock size and provides the draw I was after when shut down to the smallest hole on the cap. EDIT: scratch that, second smallest hole is perfect

IMG_3084.JPG IMG_3085.JPG
If you are foolish enough to attempt this, I would suggest removing the positive post first. It has holes in both sides so it doesn't need to be modified. Of course myself, PoTV, @cthulhumod, and your retailer can not and will not be responsible for any damages or injury resulting from any modifications to your devices.

Pretty pic of the 1928 vaping NETs real nice on the Primo:
IMG_3091.jpg

Last edited:
Two things:

1) Inside the top cap at the base, the edges of the notch are a bit too sharp and rough on the o rings. If these edges were smoother I think the o rings would last longer and they would make top cap replacement easier. Also the o rings wouldn't get torn as much on initial dry assembly. Better quality o rings would be nice too.

2) As many have noted, the current airflow arrangement tends toward a looser MTL draw and having a tighter option would be preferable for many vapers looking to imitate a cigarette draw. I was thinking that one way to accomplish this with the current design might be to drill a second smaller hole through the deck directly opposite the existing one. This way the user could switch the orientation of the deck if they preferred a tighter draw. It should be possible to test this on an existing deck. I may try it this weekend if I have time and an appropriate bit.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom