What's new

20700 batteries seem weak

I have no clue what any of that means sorry I’m sure it said this was a 70w mod! I’ve had nothing but trouble since I bought it, starting on the smaller batteries then upgrading, same with coils burning out. It’s driving me mad!!

thanks for the reply though x
If you put your tank with the s1 coil on your hubby's mod and set it to about 55w it will be about right.
Your mod is not adjustable so its putting or trying to put around 90w into your tank with the s1 coil which is too much power.

Welcome

Sorry, misread, not sure if u got things working or not. Even tho it says 70 watts, it wouldnt surprise me if its just putting out full power, as strawberryripple said.

See if djlsb did a review, he will normally test something like that if he gets suspicious.

If it takes a 21700 u can get slightly longer battery life with a samsung 40t or a molicell p42a

(Im still practicing being warm and inviting, please excuse my snarky first reply)

One last thing, if u stay with a smok tank, i understand their newer ones use coils made with nexmesh. This is worth upgrading to if its an option

Last edited:
One last last thing, if u have a problem with your coils burning out r u making sure to prime them by putting a few drops of liquid in the holes and down the chimney and then letting them soak a couple minutes once installed and filled before vaping on them?

Last edited:
Hello Tina, welcome to the forum.
I have the Smok Mag 270 with the Baby V2 tank. The Mag 270 is semi regulated, it has no wattage adjustment. Its limited to a maximum wattage of 70W.
The Baby V2 is a great tank as are both the S1 and S2 coils.
Because the mod fires like a mech mod, it does vape depending on the coil ur using and the charge on the battery.
In my experience, the battery does drain pretty quickly because of the high wattage its firing at. I have the ijoy battery and it lasts around 5hrs before needing charging. Molicel and Ssmung 21700 last a bit longer.
I prefer using the S2 coil and do get a good 2weeks out of it before it degrades.
Using the tank on a variable wattage mod at a lover wattage does improve the coil life. I run my baby V2 tank with the S2 coil on other mods at around 30W and the coils last ages.
While the Mag 270 is a good mod, it is limited by having no wattage adjustment so not ideal if you want to fine tune your vape. The Baby V2 tank and both the coils are very good, one of the best Smok make.
I wonder if your juice is causing the issue with your coils. Have you tried changing flavours to see if that helps.

Hello Tina, welcome to the forum.
I have the Smok Mag 270 with the Baby V2 tank. The Mag 270 is semi regulated, it has no wattage adjustment. Its limited to a maximum wattage of 70W.
The Baby V2 is a great tank as are both the S1 and S2 coils.
Because the mod fires like a mech mod, it does vape depending on the coil ur using and the charge on the battery.
In my experience, the battery does drain pretty quickly because of the high wattage its firing at. I have the ijoy battery and it lasts around 5hrs before needing charging. Molicel and Ssmung 21700 last a bit longer.
I prefer using the S2 coil and do get a good 2weeks out of it before it degrades.
Using the tank on a variable wattage mod at a lover wattage does improve the coil life. I run my baby V2 tank with the S2 coil on other mods at around 30W and the coils last ages.
While the Mag 270 is a good mod, it is limited by having no wattage adjustment so not ideal if you want to fine tune your vape. The Baby V2 tank and both the coils are very good, one of the best Smok make.
I wonder if your juice is causing the issue with your coils. Have you tried changing flavours to see if that helps.
Thank you for the detailed reply. I’m using kuku juice of the icy variety, I.e. icy grape icy mango etc!! I need the extra kick they give after years of smoking.
I would love any advice on makes of juice recommendations, I have questioned the juice but hubby also uses it in his xpriv with no problems, I’ve also questioned the charger but again it’s a universal charger that does cover my size of battery.
The weakness only really started Sunday after yet another coil change so could be down to that.
I also did notice the coils were fine for 24hrs and the with a new battery they would taste different for a bit and then be fine as time went on (thinking maybe too powerful).
As a last point any advice on a mod I can use? I’ve already spent a fortune (on 2 smaller mods, the mod I’m using now, all the coils, batteries and juices?
Happy Tuesday

welcome 1 of us now.jpeg

@Tina Mcpake

What we are saying in essence is any single battery mod with high power coils means the battery isn't going to last long. Best bet when using high power coils is to get a dual battery mod or either change coils or just change the tank (cheaper). Not a big fan of Smok only having one (which is quite good) since i started. There are vast amounts of Tanks and Mods that will give you better performance.

So I’ve stripped it down (lots of times) it’s quite pernickety connecting etc again which is really annoying! I’ve got the power back yaaaay........ now I really do like this mod and am saving for a holiday hence not wanting to buy another just now considering what I’ve spent already..... any other suggestions on coils?? I prime them properly, usually if I can it’s before bed and then fill the tank and leave overnight before use! I’m going back to the s2 coils today!! I just don’t understand why they would sell a kit that is incompatible with each other...... the coils I thought would have been able to withstand the power otherwise what’s the point in selling it as a set! Please someone set me in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom