What's new

20700 batteries seem weak

The good news is that your issues should be easily fixable.

Basically this mod works by available battery power, as the battery drains it delivers less power, the lower your battery voltage charge is then the less power it will deliver.

20700 batteries in the M270 are your main issue, I only use a Molicell 21700 4200mAh in mine as the battery life is better so they give more power for longer, I'm guessing the iJoy is around 3000mAh? which explains your 'weak battery' feeling as the power doesn't quite pack the punch for as long.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/molicel-p42a
I did try a 20700 in mine when I bought it and it just didn't perform long enough, fresh charge is great but it soon looses power.

Onto your coil life and performance, have you got the straight glass (2ml) or the 5ml bubble glass (as in the photo below).Ideally you need the bubble glass as the straight one constricts the juice and you soon run out of liquid which doesn't help with the coil life.

Coil choice will effect performance too, usually I prefer the Mesh option but the V2 S2 standard wire just performs better on this kit, both will draw the same power as they are both 0.15 Ohm but the mesh actually wants more than is delivered so the vape isn't as warm or flavourful.

In a nutshell the following should sort you out:
Buy a longer life Molicell 21700 30a 4200mAh
Buy a 5ml Bubble Glass (if you haven't got one already)
Use V2 S2 coils

The S2 coils last me over a month of moderate use and the 4200mAh battery lasts the best part of a day before the drop off in power is too weak.

Smok_Mag_M270_Kit-10.jpg

Smok_Mag_M270_Kit-8.jpg

Last edited:
What would you say is the best coil for this mod please? I’m going to but more today and want to get the best ones for it.

The S2 performs better for me on this mod, warmer and more flavourful than the S1.
If you want the power to remain for longer get a Molicell 21700 4200mAh
Just revising some advice due to my duff pre-caffeine Darwin Award post.

Does your 20700 tell you the mAh? (something like '3000mAh' printed on it)

Buy a longer life Molicell 21700 30a 4200mAh - https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/molicel-p42a
Use V2 S2 coils

The S2 performs better for me on this mod, warmer and more flavourful than the S1.

Buy a longer life Molicell 21700 30a 4200mAh - https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/molicel-p42a
Use V2 S2 coils
No there’s nothing on there other than the actual make/model! Thank you I’ll buy the s2 coils and see if I can find the bubble glass for it! Also the batteries (to be fair I get around 5/6 hrs from the 20700) I think hubby done something wrong on changing the coil as I took it apart this morning and it’s all working fine now power wise!!
My only concern is the coils burning out quickly, maybe I’m using it too much I don’t know.

Thank so much again.

Use V2 S2 coils
Sorry battery does say 3000mAh

Use V2 S2 coils
Also wouldn’t the higher powered battery burn the coil out even more??
Sorry just super confused by it all.

No there’s nothing on there other than the actual make/model! Thank you I’ll buy the s2 coils and see if I can find the bubble glass for it! Also the batteries (to be fair I get around 5/6 hrs from the 20700) I think hubby done something wrong on changing the coil as I took it apart this morning and it’s all working fine now power wise!!
My only concern is the coils burning out quickly, maybe I’m using it too much I don’t know.

Thank so much again.

I'm guessing your coil life is down to the restrictive 2ml glass, the bubble glass will increase your capacity and wicks faster on mine (which should lengthen your coil life).

Also wouldn’t the higher powered battery burn the coil out even more??
Sorry just super confused by it all.

The power is the same, the 4200mAh is just the battery capacity (as in how much charge it holds - higher mAh the longer it lasts before needing recharging).

I'm probably not helping in adding to your confusion but hopefully my 'in a nutshell' is all you need to know for now.

I will try and find a link that sells coils and bubble glass.

Back
Top Bottom