What's new

Change.org - Halt the Restriction of E-Liquid Flavours

I've signed it too, but have to be honest: I think it's going to be meaningless. Even if enough signatures are garnered to require a response from the government, the response will be generic and simply rehash that the youth need to be protected from vaping and a public consultation has been had with another one on the way.

IMHO, it's the next public consultation that all vapers need to take part in, although reading the government's response to individual questions posed in the first consultation seriously curbs any hopes that I may have had in them actually giving a damn about the responses they get in the second one.

Although much of our daily lurker traffic comes from international visitors, there is still a fair few daily visitors from within the U.K. Perhaps when the new consultation begins @OccultScientist can again create a pop up with a link informing everyone who visits the forum that the consultation is under way, in the same way that a pop up appeared to inform everyone about potential changes to images stored on the forum's server.

I've signed it too, but have to be honest: I think it's going to be meaningless. Even if enough signatures are garnered to require a response from the government, the response will be generic and simply rehash that the youth need to be protected from vaping and a public consultation has been had with another one on the way.

IMHO, it's the next public consultation that all vapers need to take part in, although reading the government's response to individual questions posed in the first consultation seriously curbs any hopes that I may have had in them actually giving a damn about the responses they get in the second one.

Although much of our daily lurker traffic comes from international visitors, there is still a fair few daily visitors from within the U.K. Perhaps when the new consultation begins @OccultScientist can again create a pop up with a link informing everyone who visits the forum that the consultation is under way, in the same way that a pop up appeared to inform everyone about potential changes to images stored on the forum's server.

You may be right, but only 27,000 people responded to the last one. That apathy has left us where we are. As many and any efforts to make as much noise through as many channels needs to happen now.

Good idea re: a pop-up for the next consultation :2thumbsup:

You may be right, but only 27,000 people responded to the last one. That apathy has left us where we are. As many and any efforts to make as much noise through as many channels needs to happen now.

Good idea re: a pop-up for the next consultation :2thumbsup:

I'm hoping (maybe foolishly) that those numbers are the result of vapers apathy towards disposables. Let's just hope that the much publicised threat of flavour restrictions rattles a few more vapers cages. :)

Like Voting most people think that not voting will get rid of a government not realising that by not voting the Government are actually getting their votes, it's pretty much the same with Consultations etc, people think if the keep quiet it will go away whilst the other 90% think i can't be arsed with all this bollox. People in general don't miss something until they have actually lost it.

I also wonder just how much awareness there was amongst vapers in the wild that a public consultation was even under way. :hmm:

Don't get me started on apathy toward the current government and their knee-jerk policies.
Yeah, let me know if you find a link before I do for the new consultation @Mitz, and I'll get something posted.

Back
Top Bottom