What's new

Don't think vaping is for me

I wonder if it was the VG of the 50/50 juice that bothered you then. Might be worth trying an 80/20 PG/VG juice. What equipment were you using? Perhaps vaping isn't for you but if you want to see if the problems you have had can be explained and worked through, maybe it would be worth letting the Apes guide you a bit. Whatever suits you, of course.

Hi i started on 50/50 then went to VG with no nic just to try it.

Yeah, I coughed a lot initially
Hi i have an MVP 3.0 Pro and Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC

Nice set up for sure. That's not the problem then. As above, I certainly did cough quite a bit during the first few weeks. Coughed up some shit too, sorry for the image. Good luck getting off cigs whatever you do.

Hi i started on 50/50 then went to VG with no nic just to try it.
Yes, which is why it might be worth going the other way, towards high PG rather than VG. PG sensitivity is more common than VG I've been told, but some have been sensitive to VG, again, as it was told to me.

Yeah, I coughed a lot initially

Nice set up for sure. That's not the problem then. As above, I certainly did cough quite a bit during the first few weeks. Coughed up some shit too, sorry for the image. Good luck getting off cigs whatever you do.

Yes it is a nice setup, just a shame i can't use it :(

Yes, which is why it might be worth going the other way, towards high PG rather than VG. PG sensitivity is more common than VG I've been told, but some have been sensitive to VG, again, as it was told to me.

Perhaps i should try 70VG30PG

Hi i have an MVP 3.0 Pro and Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC

Perhaps i should try 70VG30PG

I wouldn't use anything higher than 60VG/40PG in an Aspire Nautilus. The wicking on the Aspire Nautilus coils is simply not good enough to handle any more VG than that in the mix, as it is more viscous than PG.

If your wicking is not good enough for the juice you're using, you may be getting "dry hits", which is when there is no juice in the cotton and you're basically just vaping burnt cotton. This could explain the cough.

Did you make sure to follow the Nautilus' instructions and prime your coil with juice before firing? If not, all your coughing could be explained by dry hits.

You could also be getting dry hits if you're using too high a wattage with the Nautilus. Stick to c.11W and you should be fine on either of their Nautilus coils.

No i wont get any cravings because i am still smoking. Just wanted to see if i could vape.

I'd still get some with nicotine otherwise you'll vape and think "this shit doesn't give me a hit at all" and won't see any benefits to it as a smoking cessation aid (if that's your aim).

I wouldn't use anything higher than 60VG/40PG in an Aspire Nautilus. The wicking on the Aspire Nautilus coils is simply not good enough to handle any more VG than that in the mix, as it is more viscous than PG.

If your wicking is not good enough for the juice you're using, you may be getting "dry hits", which is when there is no juice in the cotton and you're basically just vaping burnt cotton. This could explain the cough.

Did you make sure to follow the Nautilus' instructions and prime your coil with juice before firing? If not, all your coughing could be explained by dry hits.

You could also be getting dry hits if you're using too high a wattage with the Nautilus. Stick to c.11W and you should be fine on either of their Nautilus coils.

Yes i followed all the instructions and the licquid i use taste great.

I'd still get some with nicotine otherwise you'll vape and think "this shit doesn't give me a hit at all" and won't see any benefits to it as a smoking cessation aid (if that's your aim).

But i smoke so no need for nicotine

Back
Top Bottom