What's new

50/50 base

SubSSC

Postman
I wonder if anyone can help - I usually vape at 50/50 PG/VG (plus flavour concentrate and Nic of course).
In the past I have always bought separate PG and VG so mixing to get 50/50, 12% Nic + whatever % flavour was easy using any of the online calculators.
However, recently while placing an order, I thought - I will just buy some 50/50 premixed base - make life easier!
Then afterwards, I thought "hang on, how do I calculate the mix to attain 50/50 PG/VG using the premixed base when my Nic and flavour concentrate are 100% PG??"
Has anyone got the answer - maths is not my strong point!
Cheers.

Haha - is is that simple? :30::2thumbsup:

If you need to buy separate VG to balance it out, then you might as well have bought separate VG and PG in the first place. You will still have 2 bottles (1 VG and 1VG/PG) so what's easier about it?

I think you are right in your first assessment, it just complicates things. :D

But yeah the answer is add your flavours and nicotine, whatever that is add the same amount of VG... then fill up the bottle with your VG/PG base.

I'm not sure that's any easier/different to adding your flavours and nicotine, adding PG until you have 50% of the bottle filled, then filling the bottle with VG.

It's exactly the amount of steps, it's just a slightly different process.

Last edited:
I always buy separate VG and PG, it's just easier.

Yeah, it also covers you for different situations too. I bought some 'longfill' bottles and with the flavourings in there and the nicotine.. that was already 30ml of of the 60ml bottle, so I didn't use any plain PG at all. I would have been stuffed if I only had pre-mixed base.

what volume of nic are you adding, and what volume of flavours? if the nic is vg, they might balance out. it could be 5-10% either side and you might not notice the difference.

Back
Top Bottom