What's new

"Addicted" to Furlough Benefits

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Have you become "addicted" to having 20% less money?

What a magnificent statement from the government.

EXST18RWkAA04cX.jpeg

My Bank account's never looked so healthy, I'm not going to the Footy, so that's saving me about £150 pound per week, and I've usually had two holidays abroad by now !!!

Un-named ‘senior Government source’ using the word ‘addicted’ could be a made-up source. The media putting their own slant on things.

I was just having a conversation with my eldest last night! He thinks it's to soon for us to go back to work. Because I sent him a video of how we are having to euthanize all our cattle and chickens in the farms here in the States because the companies that normally buy them are still shut down. That and they are plowing crops back into the ground....

I told him we can't just stay locked up our whole lives! Yes take care of ourselves, be aware, but you can't go around every day scared to live at all by hiding in your house and not interact with anyone ever again...

And the government can't foot the bill for everyone.... The Nation will go broke. He said " I hope this will make people start saving their money Incase of something like this. This has lasted so far 2 months, now if everyone had 2 months of savings. "
I told him, savings eventually run out... And this is not over really.
Never really will be.
Til there is a vaccine.
This is why Ricky and I raise our own meats and gardens.

He stopped talking to me after that... But I figured in that

He always thought we were nuts for raising our own meat. Said he could always get whatever he needed from the grocery store ... Lol.

I gather that's why I have people coming to me to get eggs?
Cause their only allowed to get 1 carton from the grocery store....

Oh btw.... We've sold a few of our rabbits (ready for breeding) as well during all this. People realize they need to start feeding themselves.

The true nature of the furlough scheme was to retain jobs but unless the UK fully opens up when the furlough scheme is removed we will start seeing many many thousands if not millions of jobs lost.

I spent a long period away from work and its soul destroying in the long run. Two weeks max and your desperate for the routine of work. Large amounts of free time with less income is a hard thing mentally to deal with.
really hope this wasn't a genuine statement.

Back
Top Bottom