What's new

As another battery explodes in a pocket-who do you blame?

@Ben fogstar if space is an issue could you pop the basic info onto a card then have an extra page on your website with more detailed explanations?

@Ben fogstar if space is an issue could you pop the basic info onto a card then have an extra page on your website with more detailed explanations?

Perhaps a section under FAQ on the site would be a good idea.

Ben does have the following on every cell description on the web site:

Safety Notice:

Lithium ion (Li-Ion) Cells can be dangerous if used improperly. By buying Li-ion batteries from Fogstar, the buyer assumes all associated risks.

• Always use a battery charger that is rates for Li-ion cells
  • Batteries should never be left charging unattended
  • Batteries should never be loose in pocket or bag (use case provided)
  • All lithium batteries have a cycle-life, however a battery should be replaced every 2 years - whichever comes first.
  • Never continue to use a battery with a broken PVC wrap.
  • Never completely discharge batteries
  • Do not expose to extreme heat

Perhaps a section under FAQ on the site would be a good idea.

Ben does have the following on every cell description on the web site:

Safety Notice:

Lithium ion (Li-Ion) Cells can be dangerous if used improperly. By buying Li-ion batteries from Fogstar, the buyer assumes all associated risks.

• Always use a battery charger that is rates for Li-ion cells
  • Batteries should never be left charging unattended
  • Batteries should never be loose in pocket or bag (use case provided)
  • All lithium batteries have a cycle-life, however a battery should be replaced every 2 years - whichever comes first.
  • Never continue to use a battery with a broken PVC wrap.
  • Never completely discharge batteries
  • Do not expose to extreme heat
I had a look on the website and didn't actually think to click on the 'batteries' (@pfvapes :grin2:)

so what did you click on then? oh, joke about cell versus battery ... very good :14:
I just had a wee scout about to see if there was any general cell safety info. Granted i didn't do a very good job of looking!

I just had a wee scout about to see if there was any general cell safety info. Granted i didn't do a very good job of looking!

And that is part of the problem, most of us won't do that much scrutinising. In another thread today about cells, someone linked to an eBay seller and what struck me when I checked the link out was that there was no indication whatsoever the seller knew anything about vaping or cells, not just no safety blurb but no recommendations of any kind, they could have been selling tea towels.

I think it's good that companies such as innokin are now including a battery silicone sleeve with their new coolfire IV 18650 kits now and personally i would like to see all manufacturers including these with all their mods from now on and not just paying lip service to battery safety, especially as these cost only pence to include . Vaping has enough problems being thrown at it already by "vested interests" without having to have these stories appearing in the gutter press .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom