What's new

Been using the same coil since April, am I pushing my luck?

That's brilliant mate! I usually change coil every Friday unless I'm really attached to the flavour it's producing.

I make sure those builds get logged in the vape book so I can build them again when they eventually give up :D

If it is still giving you the Vape you enjoy then leave it in.

The only reason I change my coil is that I use a lot of juices that gunk up the coil and deck, so when the deck gets ugly looking, I change it as soon as I can be bothered.

I change mine usually every week if i have built it myself, especially if it's being gunked by the juice i am using at the time. Pre-built for the likes of the Crown or TFV8 and ill try and squeeze a fortnight out of a coil, sometimes even running it through the ultrasonic and re-using them once dried out.

Well I re wick every couple of days....dry burn to get rid of the gunk give the coil a brush with one of those TePe dental brushes then a blast with a compressed air spray duster so the coil is clean for re use.....once a month clean the whole atty and replace the coil.
It's the old saying...'If it ain't broke don't fix it'.....

As the title says, bought a Kayfun v3 mini beginning of April, put a coil on it and have had it in there ever since (obviously re-wicked every week or two). It works a treat but should I be changing it (bearing in mind I am very lazy!).

I had a fused clapton in my rda for 6 months, I only changed it to give it a rest ! lol. It was cleaned (ultrasonic) & rewicked once a week

New, & 6mths old.

@Austinckb Erm............ I have a coil in one of the Calixes which has been there since May.:30: A rewick and thorough clean up every week and it's still going strong and producing the flavour I expect from any of my Calix, so I wouldn't worry too much. One day it will die and I'll then re coil, but for now........... Probably go bang now! :D

I used to be changing coils near constantly, building new ones every day and putting them in.

Now though, the novelty of first learning to build has worn off, and I change much less frequently.
I would change coil, as it may taste fine, but I can almost guarantee with a new coil and wick you will notice an improvement in flavour- there has likely been a very gradual drop off in flavour, and where it has happened slowly has been almost unnoticeable.

Of course though, you will not come to any harm using the same coil :)

Back
Top Bottom