What's new

Can anyone recommend a tank with no wick?

indigotheory

Initiate
Hi all. Have one of these vision X fire's. First vv mod. Love it. When it came I just filled the tank with some of the t juice red astaire and off it went. Tasted great.

However, when I changed the liquid I took the tank to bits and washed everything bar the atty bit and now things taste a little bit on the burnt side. The wicks were clean and dry when I put them back in and their surely not needing replacing just yet. It's only a week old from brand new.

Can you get the same kinda tank this one has bar the wick?

Hi all. Have one of these vision X fire's. First vv mod. Love it. When it came I just filled the tank with some of the t juice red astaire and off it went. Tasted great.

However, when I changed the liquid I took the tank to bits and washed everything bar the atty bit and now things taste a little bit on the burnt side. The wicks were clean and dry when I put them back in and their surely not needing replacing just yet. It's only a week old from brand new.

Can you get the same kinda tank this one has bar the wick?

Sounds to me like you had it set too high for the other type of juice you used, either that or an airlock and you starved the wick of liquid. As for an atty with no wick, not possible as far as I am aware, would be great though. Like a fuel injection system straight onto a hot coil.

Hmm... I did twist it up to max for a drag and it tasted a little burnt then so I twisted it back down to the lowest and it's stayed there since!

Have I done everything right so far? Like washing it out properly etc when changing to a different liquid?

Hmm... I did twist it up to max for a drag and it tasted a little burnt then so I twisted it back down to the lowest and it's stayed there since!

Have I done everything right so far? Like washing it out properly etc when changing to a different liquid?

Yeh do not worry too much, if you are using a similar type juice like a fruit one then there is no real need to clean it out, after a few draws on it the old flavour will become muted and the new liquid should taste fine. If the wick did take a bit of a burn then that burnt taste might go away after a short while, just see how it goes. If it remains then a fresh coil head or re-coil and wick will be needed. Keep your power setting to around 6.5 watts and then just step it up a bit at a time. This chart will give you a guide to what settings you need to the coil resistance you are using. You can go slightly over but do not go too mad.

power-vaping-chart-lg_zps4406056b.jpg

Last edited:
I'd suggest taking the juice out, giving it another wash, including the wick. Let it dry - use a hairdryer to speed things up if you want, then give it a dry burn, ie fire it up without any juice for a few seconds at a time. Given that it's a vivi nova you may want to remove the silicone cap when dry burning. That should help with any carbon that's got onto the coil.

If it doesn't work then get a replacement coil assembly - you can find them in the marketplace here for example.

Back
Top Bottom