What's new

Can The Doc Help Me With My Corpse-Like Taste Sensation?

I've been vaping since January 2014, going from Green Smoke cig-a-likes to my current set up of nearly 30 atties/drippers (from sub ohms to authentic Ubertoot, Hurricane and Rose V2), mechs and 10 box mods, including my Realeaux.

For about a year or so, I must have tried a couple of hundred different juices and truthfully, 98% of them were very muted to me, so I upped my game to some good RTA's and the three authentic's that I mentioned above do pull more flavour from juices to me, as well as a few others, but it's very rare for me to get a lot of flavour from a juice, unless it's got anise in there, or if I mix Red Astaire at 30%+.

I'm sitting here looking at a good 75 juices that I've purchased over the last couple of months, thinking that I might just be wasting my time?

I love the sound and sometimes the smell from desert/custard juices, but even if I mix them at 50%, I get some flavour, but not enough to make me go WOW, that's gorgeous, just like eating a bowl of cereal or shovelling some vanilla custard down my neck. The chances of me picking out different flavours in juices is virtually zero.

Anyway, enough beau locks, I'm no medical expert, but would a visit to the docs be worth a shot? Has anyone sought medical help with a permanent vapours tongue?
Listening to the radio this morning, and a phone-in doctor programme came on. I remembered this thread when a caller said they had lost their sense of taste. Some anti-depressants can cause it and also damage to the nerves from the tongue to the brain. Im meant to be working, so didn't catch any other answers.

Listening to the radio this morning, and a phone-in doctor programme came on. I remembered this thread when a caller said they had lost their sense of taste. Some anti-depressants can cause it and also damage to the nerves from the tongue to the brain. Im meant to be working, so didn't catch any other answers.

Get back to work!

I have a dulled sense of smell and taste unless it's something super fiery. I never considered the medication I was taking so thanks for this!

@Big Kev I've had the same issue for about 3 years now. I can smell the juice fine but the taste never comes close to the smell.
This is why I make my own juice cos it just seems like a waste of money buying pre made stuff.

After a visit to the doc, I'll then decide whether to just stick with DIY juices, as I can't really afford to keep wasting dosh like this either.

Cheers for the replies.

After a visit to the doc, I'll then decide whether to just stick with DIY juices, as I can't really afford to keep wasting dosh like this either.

Cheers for the replies.

Good luck hope.he.can give you some good news let us know what he says

A smoker (colleague) said my Lemon & Lime, Cinnamon Danish, Creamy Yoghurt liquid smelt like a moldy corner shop - pfft.. each to their own senses I say!

Back
Top Bottom