What's new

Combined review of the iGo-L dripper and the Aga-T Stainless Steel rebuildables

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I'm still I feel quite new to re-buildables, with the exception of re-wicking Vivi Nova Heads .. with varying results .. from excellent to bad ... the main bad being "metallic" tastes sometimes.

I had in fact almost given in on re-buildables, but I also really dont get on with 306 dripping atties for some reason, I know I KNOW they are everyones darling ... but I just cant seem to get my head round them. BUT I do like to do a lot of taste testing and have been looking for a rebuildable dripper that A: wont break the bank and B: can be put together easily and actually work.

On this note @Purplefowler piqued my interest with her review of the AGA-S, she suggested I try the dripping atty from that range : the Igo-L. at £16ish it seemed like a safe bet .. tho TBH I didn't hold out an awful lot of hope. So after a couple of days of using it .. I was impressed enough to order the AGA-T and have my first real go at a proper rebuildable, I liked the fact that if you really cant do genesis wicks ... it can also be used in silica wick formation. (and ... a stainless Steel rebuildable Geny ... at under £20! bonus.)

Anyway .. this is a combined review of both of these products, So ill get on with it then.

The iGo-L

The iGO-L is a stainless steel rebuildable dripping atomiser, weighing in at 15-16 quidish. which is considerably cheaper than a lot of stainless steel drippers out there. I bought this item from http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk

The iGo-L comes in a ziplock style bag, also supplied is another ziplock bag with spare o-rings, a spare screw, some .15 Nichrome wire and some what looks to be 1.5 or 2mm silica wick. There is enough wick and wire to do one coil. It is supplied without a drip tip.

The iGo-L is a familiar setup we have all seen lots of times, a stainless steel base with raised sides containing the 2 posts (with screw tops) with two orange o-rings set into grooves in the side and a Stainless Steel Cover that pushes onto the o-rings Its not a huge device .. just shy of being as wide as a zMax and about 2cm high (without Driptip). It has a small (1mm) hole in the side that you MUST line up with the coil to get good vapour.

I don't really feel qualified to do a tutorial on coil making and its been covered a hundred times elsewhere, though if anyone specifically wants a break down .. im more than willing to write one with pictures. I use a straightened out paperclip, I fold my wick in two and wrap the coil near the fold on the wick about 5/6 times This gives me a coil generally between 2.7 and 2.9 Ohms.

fing.jpg

Its then a simple case of loosening the post screws and trapping the wires under them, I leave quite a long wick and coil it round in the base of the unit, covering the entire bottom. This enables me to get between 15-20 drops of eliquid soaked into the wick on first fill (I do this before I put the cover back on) this will last me a good 30 mins .. before I top up with 3-5 drops of eliquid. It is important when you put the cover back on to line up the hole with the coil for good vapour production. I did NOT do this first time, and got no flavour, no vapour and 75000000 PSI of throat hit.

Once you have stopped choking and lined the hole up properly, the vapour production from this thing is immense. absolutely brilliant, with a good clean flavour and lots of throat hit (dependant on juice and Voltage of course!)
Also the draw on this is really not too airy .. and I like it like that.

All in all I cannot fault this in fact the ONLY thing that I think could improve it is having knurly spinning nuts instead of screws .. then you could recoil without a screwdriver - small potatoes though and not a criticism. I get a far nicer vape from this than any other delivery device I have (and yes .. that does include 306's, Nova's AND the AGA-T (though that is far from lacking) - and on that note ...

The Aga-T

The Aga-T is a stainless steel rebuildable tank atomiser, that can be used in both silica wick and genesis (mesh wick) formations. Weighing in at below £20 this is almost unbelievable for a device of this build quality made from stainless steel.

This also comes with a bag with enough .15 Nichrome wire and wick to do one coil, some spare o-rings, spare knurly washer and a screw.

The very first thing that strikes you on opening this item is its size! it is Mahoosive! and heavy!and also .. pretty, kinda looks a bit like the cobra I guess but different :) did I mention big? humungous? giganourmous? with a drip tip on .. its over 3/4 the height of my zMax ... so .. big ... large .. am I getting across to you that this thing is NOT small?

I have tried this unit in both silica wicked and Mesh formations although I have to state now that this is my FIRST attempt at a genesis wick .. and the results were ... well I couldnt do it, So i cheated and used the tubing from inside a boge carto to wrap around the top of the wick before I put the coil on .. that sorted the bugger.

Im certainly not qualified to tutorial either of these coil builds .. so satisfy yourself with a few pictures.

aga1.jpg

aga2.jpg

aga3.jpg

aga4.jpg

aga5.jpg

B I G !

aga6.jpg

In silica wicked mode .. it performs great - not the spectacular great of the iGo-L .. but good enough .. as good as say a Vivi Nova.

In mesh Wick mode its transformed .. a really clean lovely vape, again not too airy at all .. almost verging on not airy enough. It wicks really well (though I guess this is down to how you do your wick) - fabulous flavour, enourmous vapour production and great throat hit.

It holds a LOT of juice (6ml I Think) so this is defo one to keep your mainstay vape in - though it could possibly be too big to take out with you. (wouldnt bother me actually)

All in all at the price a well worth it bit of kit .. even if you cant get the hang of genesis wicking .. you can always use it with silica .. or cheat like I have. Worth the money .. most definitely ... did I mention its quite big?

Summary

Both these items are brilliant quality bits of kits, that with care should last you forever. The iGo-L has the edge (just) in terms of flavour and performance. in terms of value for money .. well they are both superb, but the sheer mass and quality you get with the Aga-T has the hands down there - but they are both worth every penny.

One thing I should add about both of these items is the noise .. there isnt any .. almost totally silent operation.

I'm seriously considering getting an Aga-S now as a more portable item. to be honest .. get all three heads .. and judging by @Purplefowler review of the Aga-S you will have all you need for dripping, going out .. and vaping by the fire on a cold winters night.

Last edited:
Great review and as toby has already said , great pics , i'm almost tempted to try the aga t , my first foray into a genny tank was a spectacular fail with the vh genisis , damm hotspots

I'm definitely going to get the little one at some point, it looks lovely :) brilliant review too ZT :D

Nice! ill give it a go .. I seem to get glow between the top of the coil and the terminal post .. (the bit of wire that stretches between the post and the coil .. if that makes sense ?

Cheers ZT - just skim read but will have a thorough look over the weekend.

No Worries jRob ... they are wicked .. and under £20 each .. well worth the wonga .. the easiest to get on with is the iGO-L .. but just a dripper .. not really for carying lots of juice .. best flavour out the two tho!

Back
Top Bottom