What's new

Condensation on Windows advice

I'm going to vapour lock my study, lets see how good this dehumidifier really is :doh:

dehumid.jpg

Let us know how that goes

It's good, eventually I put it on the floor, I was vaping away and there was little or no vapour to see. The fan is quite loud and the unit is quite expensive to run, if you just leave it running.

I'm going to vapour lock my study, lets see how good this dehumidifier really is :doh:

View attachment 246857
I have a similar one. They are alright for drawing moisture in but no good for vaping. The best way I found to stop condensation on your windows is to knock them out with a lump hammer

The dehumidifier works fine, but I cant see that vape clouds are good for it, it's not designed for that. I would go with an inline exhaust fan, but it's logistically difficult to vent, I could vent it out the window, but that seems pointless.
I'm looking at this, I cant keep spending loads on vaping and vape related shit

netta.JPG

Amazon product ASIN B085QHTJ5W

The dehumidifier works fine, but I cant see that vape clouds are good for it, it's not designed for that. I would go with an inline exhaust fan, but it's logistically difficult to vent, I could vent it out the window, but that seems pointless.
I'm looking at this, I cant keep spending loads on vaping and vape related shit

View attachment 247239

Amazon product ASIN B085QHTJ5W

I have one of these, well mines SilentNight branded but the exact same thing, works well for my allergies (I get the worst hayfever you can imagine) Not super powerful but does keep the room clear of clouds. New filters are like £15 or so if I remember right, have to replace every 3/4 months for allergies but if you're just using it to keep the room clear it I'll be fine for a year or so.

*I didn't think it worked at all then after a month realised the filters that were in it had plastic packaging around them, I'm a dumbass sometimes :18:

Last edited:
I have one of these, well mines SilentNight branded but the exact same thing, works well for my allergies (I get the worst hayfever you can imagine) Not super powerful but does keep the room clear of clouds. New filters are like £15 or so if I remember right, have to replace every 3/4 months for allergies bit if you're just using it to keep the room clear it I'll be fine for a year or so.

Brilliant, so the fan speed on it's highest setting will pull in the clouds ok, you can see it happening? I'm going to site the thing on top of my desktop pc, or in a place where it diverts away from the pc fan and notably the pc power supply, they can both get wringing wet, even with mtl, after a month or six weeks, it's labourious taking things apart to mop up.

I was also looking at something that had washable filters but then again it may not be so efficient.

*I didn't think it worked at all then after a month realised the filters that were in it had plastic packaging around them, I'm a dumbass sometimes :18:

Sort of thing I'd do or have indeed done :doh:

I have one of these, well mines SilentNight branded but the exact same thing, works well for my allergies (I get the worst hayfever you can imagine) Not super powerful but does keep the room clear of clouds. New filters are like £15 or so if I remember right, have to replace every 3/4 months for allergies but if you're just using it to keep the room clear it I'll be fine for a year or so.

Haha I did the exact same thing after week oops.

Brilliant, so the fan speed on it's highest setting will pull in the clouds ok, you can see it happening? I'm going to site the thing on top of my desktop pc, or in a place where it diverts away from the pc fan and notably the pc power supply, they can both get wringing wet, even with mtl, after a month or six weeks, it's labourious taking things apart to mop up.

I was also looking at something that had washable filters but then again it may not be so efficient.

Sort of thing I'd do or have indeed done :doh:

The 'sucking' power isn't very good, I think it's mostly the fan disipating the clouds to be honest (which works well). But vaping with it on there's no clouds in my bedroom whereas off its fogged up after 5 pulls or so and I never have a problem with condensation.
Easy enough to return with prime so I'd say give it a go, had mine for 4/5 years and it's still going strong too.

Back
Top Bottom