What's new

Condensation on Windows advice

Brilliant, so the fan speed on it's highest setting will pull in the clouds ok, you can see it happening? I'm going to site the thing on top of my desktop pc, or in a place where it diverts away from the pc fan and notably the pc power supply, they can both get wringing wet, even with mtl, after a month or six weeks, it's labourious taking things apart to mop up.

I was also looking at something that had washable filters but then again it may not be so efficient.

Sort of thing I'd do or have indeed done :doh:

here is quick video of mine & im using the pm80 & as you will see it copes fine

Last edited:
The 'sucking' power isn't very good, I think it's mostly the fan disipating the clouds to be honest (which works well). But vaping with it on there's no clouds in my bedroom whereas off its fogged up after 5 pulls or so and I never have a problem with condensation.
Easy enough to return with prime so I'd say give it a go, had mine for 4/5 years and it's still going strong too.

So nothing like in Mutley's video then?

Out of stock at my local B&M (Bexhill), I would have to go to Ashford, not sure I'd get it on the back of my motorbike. I'll wait and see if it comes back in.

Edit: ordered the Netta one, if the Addis comes back in stock will get one of those as well, would like one for the bedroom, the air gets mutant at night, although my wife will probably moan about the noise or cold air or something.

Last edited:
So nothing like in Mutley's video then?

Yeah his seems stronger than mine, although I did drop mine down the stairs which probably didn't do it any good and might explain that one. They all seem to be the same thing just re-branded/packaged.

Yeah his seems stronger than mine, although I did drop mine down the stairs which probably didn't do it any good and might explain that one. They all seem to be the same thing just re-branded/packaged.

Have you got the filters the right way around, seems like some confusion over how they go in, I say carbon one first then the hepa/ foam to the outside.

Have you got the filters the right way around, seems like some confusion over how they go in, I say carbon one first then the hepa/ foam to the outside.

Yeah that's the right way around to put them, not sure if the fan may have twisted or something in mine but it still works great (I'd be a sneezing mess who looked like he'd smoked a ounce if it wasn't working :18:)

Been following this thread, and now the dreaded hayfever has been mentioned i'm in. :17:

Speaking from a fishtank filter point of view, you would have the coarsest pad closest to the intake, getting progressively finer toward the outflow so that the largest particles aren't trapped on the fine pad and clog it all up.

Been following this thread, and now the dreaded hayfever has been mentioned i'm in. :17:

Speaking from a fishtank filter point of view, you would have the coarsest pad closest to the intake, getting progressively finer toward the outflow so that the largest particles aren't trapped on the fine pad and clog it all up.

So which way round? on a gas mask the carbon filter would be closest to your face?

Back
Top Bottom