What's new

Cotton Bacon vs Fiber Freaks vs Muji

What actually is the cotton that comes with the SubTank?

Also I heard elsewhere that Fibre Freaks wicks better than other brands, any comments on this?

I would disagree, i find CB way better wicking than FF, possibly due to the fact that all the fibres are lined up.

Yeah, doesn't last long though.

Cotton bacon rocks in the Lemo 2, I've been having massive issues with dry hits with the L2. I modded the lower part of the chimney and combining it with the bacon (instead of Muji) seems to have sorted it.

I been using muji for months, I still like the stuff but I reckon the bacon is better. Only downside to the bacon (apart from the initial weird taste) is that due to the way it's packaged I get lots of odd bits left over that arent really usable.

I completely agree, @scrumpox kindly sent me some FF free of charge and i liked it but it wasn't as good in the Lemo 2 as CB. In a dripper however i preferred the FF for the complete lack of weird initial taste that you get with the CB. CB however seems to hold more juice per wick. Both IMO are better than either cotton balls or Muji but only marginally and certainly not enough to justify the extra cost.

Sorry to re ignite this old post but out of all ive tried so far rayon by graham cellucotton works far superior in wicking, a complete lack of ANY taste and also I find it very easy to work with, its strong, so easy to not mess up when wicking certain coils that can grab and tear soft cotton.

I find it makes a lot of sweet flavours slightly more sweet without making it sickly and lastly I find it lasts a good couple weeks longer than cotton of any brand.

Ive yet to try puffs cotton but for £3 for a lifetime supply an Amazon im sure I'll get round to it.

I know a lot of people swear by cotton bacon and it is very good but I think the association of "bacon" is its unique selling point - everyone like bacon right? Even just the idea of bacon lol.

After sticking with rayon for a month or two as soon as I try a blast on something wicked with cotton I can taste it straight away.. Whereas before rayon I could taste the cotton first few puffs then it went and i couldn't get what people meant about the cottony taste no matter what liquid, i now totally get it.

Last edited:
Cotton Bacon is good but the best in my opinion is Kendo. It's expensive tho but it is really good o

Sorry to re ignite this old post but out of all ive tried so far rayon by graham cellucotton works far superior in wicking, a complete lack of ANY taste and also I find it very easy to work with, its strong, so easy to not mess up when wicking certain coils that can grab and tear soft cotton.

I find it makes a lot of sweet flavours slightly more sweet without making it sickly and lastly I find it lasts a good couple weeks longer than cotton of any brand.

Ive yet to try puffs cotton but for £3 for a lifetime supply an Amazon im sure I'll get round to it.

I know a lot of people swear by cotton bacon and it is very good but I think the association of "bacon" is its unique selling point - everyone like bacon right? Even just the idea of bacon lol.

After sticking with rayon for a month or two as soon as I try a blast on something wicked with cotton I can taste it straight away.. Whereas before rayon I could taste the cotton first few puffs then it went and i couldn't get what people meant about the cottony taste no matter what liquid, i now totally get it.
Rayon is on my opinion awful....it mutes ANY flavour along with a nasty aftertaste....

And I change cotton at least 4 times a day if I'm on the same dripper with the same juice....and if I'm using the same dripper for different juices then it's everytime i change....that's been 6 times today already :D

I haven't tried the fibre freaks cotton blend but just touching the original makes me cringe like a mofo.

Rayon is on my opinion awful....it mutes ANY flavour along with a nasty aftertaste....

And I change cotton at least 4 times a day if I'm on the same dripper with the same juice....and if I'm using the same dripper for different juices then it's everytime i change....that's been 6 times today already :D
Rayon has got to be the worst wicking stuff I've ever tried. Bad scratchy throat off it.
The Native for me. Got to be the best I've tried.

Where do you buy it? It's hard to find.

Check out Vapeium.com they were UK first stockist of it. I would suggest to go for the gold edition. Slightly more then then normal but easier to work with

Back
Top Bottom