What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

I ordered some stuff on the 12th and it's still showing as not dispatched, due for dispatch 20th - is this normal?
Yeah, they won't be stock so they'll be waiting to come in. They'll split the order if it takes too long but you can ask them not to if you want

Just had a couple of cubot max phone come through without any customs demand.. both worth over £150 each. Sent separately through Belgium.

UK epacket received today, 8 days after ordering. Total order value was about $50, declared value was $20 as standard. No charges, straight forward delivery.

Cant remember who but somebody has a signature that says 'ordering from China is not for the faint hearted'. That seems to be ringing true atm.

UK epacket received today, 8 days after ordering. Total order value was about $50, declared value was $20 as standard. No charges, straight forward delivery.

Cant remember who but somebody has a signature that says 'ordering from China is not for the faint hearted'. That seems to be ringing true atm.

Simon G's slogan is 'China ordering isn't for the impatient & worrisome', I think.

I've been handed a payment demand from RM this morning. £11 on a 21 USD order from FT. WTF's going on - I've ordered loads from China and this has never happened before.

I've been handed a payment demand from RM this morning. £11 on a 21 USD order from FT. WTF's going on - I've ordered loads from China and this has never happened before.
As above Chris- FT marking the parcels up at 20 dollars takes it over the £15 vat threshold, thus incurring a fee and a handling charge.

As above Chris- FT marking the parcels up at 20 dollars takes it over the £15 vat threshold, thus incurring a fee and a handling charge.
Yea, I didn't realise there was a £15 VAT free limit when I ordered. I must have gone over by pennies FFS. But...I've ordered over 10 times from FT before, each time well above the VAT free limit and I've never once been billed for charges which does suggest - when taken by other's anecdotal evidence, that UK customs are perhaps tightening their shit up.

Back
Top Bottom