What's new

Depressed about vaping

Think I was trying to pre-empt this by getting all these gizmos initially! Not saying it's going to work mind but will see. Will be keeping in mind the rebuildable route for sure and hopefully that can address the shiny fix a bit, we'll see.
There are two key components to the right set up - the hardware and the juice. The right juice will work even on average gear; no matter how much you spend on gear the wrong juice will always be wrong. In your initial post you mentioned juice much more than gear which is why I'm skeptical that simply upgrading your gear will put you in a happier place ... well, not more than temporarily anyway. Not sure you're actually depressed, just bored?

It's good that you're open-minded about upgrading your set up and willing to spend a little more but I would be mindful about solving the real issue here which sounds to me like you're bored with your juice. Another red flag for me is anyone who's committed to spending the least amount possible. Financial circumstances are individual and personal but actually spending the right amount on the right gear is the best approach,

Just a warning really, people find it easy to spend other people's money, with the best of intentions.

I remember well, back in 2014, my first vaping happy place was Protank/Aerotank with Naturevape coils. There's a lot of cost and frustration when moving into rebuildables and a learning curve with DIY juice. For me, the next happy place was almost a year later.

I must admit the one thing I didn't look at is where @dogtanian buys his concentrates from but I just looked again and he mentions Vampire Vape. Having just had a look at their range they only seem to sell their own brand.

Although they used to be very well thought of back in the day they have been over taken by many other top brands so they aren't really the best place to buy from any more. The most well liked place these days is Vapable. They stock most of the top concentrate brands like Liquid Barn, Flavor West, Perfumers Apprentice, Inawera, Capella and many others plus their prices are one of the best plus they give free delivery over £10. There is also a 10% discount code for members on here which is POTV10.

Another good resourse is e-liquid-recipes.com who have well over 100,000 free recipes for you to try and we also have our own mixing section and some really knowledgable ejuice makers on here like @StrawberryRipple.

I've only been making my own juice since the start of the year so I'm a long way behind the knowledge of some of the people around here but we're all happy to chip in if we can help with any questions.

@scrumpox that's a valid call. I've been on the nature vape coils for a long time together with the vampire vape concentrates. I don't think it's just the flavours though... As long as they don't start tasting off then I was happy up until now. Recently with trying new flavours that clog my coil up way too quickly this wasn't really a problem.

I probably am bored with my usual blackcurrant menthol mix but all the same I would still continue using if that's what I had made up and also maybe a fresh coil from nature.

Definitely not going to jump into rebuildable right now. I'm hoping with the three different devices will work ok. Over the years I have tried other people's set up and flavours and know I've been missing out on both but for whatever reason never made the switch.

I was planning making some juice up from the left over vampire vape stuff once the stuff arrives. And had thought to order some 10 ml bottles from them before deciding on some new concentrates. @MarylinC37 thanks for the tip on different places. I do realise that vampire vape have maybe been over taken quite a bit over the last few years. Guess I'll just have to spend some money initially to try different things out.

Totally agree flavours are subjective and individual tastes so fickle. Early on when I started I bought pixie juice - they had at the time an amazing jam doughnut and mint vienneto. I'd assume nowadays there are plenty that compare but back then they really were legues away from anything else I tried. Even so, and how good it was, I never finished the bottle as it was a bit much after a while. Then house of liquids was another one I tried. I remember one night using one of their tobacco ones and thinking wow this is basically the same as a very nice cigarette. But then the next time I tried I got put off by the scent and just never returned too. Pretty fickle!

With vampire capes I've always stuck to the fruit flavours but may branch out a bit. Someone was recommending to me blackcurrant lemonade from prime vapour. I could get behind something like that, but really would prefer to be able to buy concentrates and make myself.

Will be having a look around here more for tips and definitely check out Vapable and not rely on vampire. I may do one more order though with vampire for some samples and maybe concentrates after first if they are ok in my new set up. They've been very good to me over the years and the concentrates are very easy to mix (ie at most adding some menthol concentrate to another flavor before adding VG/pg and nic. I make in batches usually too so have enough for a month or two... Just trying to be efficient.

@scrumpox that's a valid call. I've been on the nature vape coils for a long time together with the vampire vape concentrates. I don't think it's just the flavours though... As long as they don't start tasting off then I was happy up until now. Recently with trying new flavours that clog my coil up way too quickly this wasn't really a problem.

I probably am bored with my usual blackcurrant menthol mix but all the same I would still continue using if that's what I had made up and also maybe a fresh coil from nature.

Definitely not going to jump into rebuildable right now. I'm hoping with the three different devices will work ok. Over the years I have tried other people's set up and flavours and know I've been missing out on both but for whatever reason never made the switch.

I was planning making some juice up from the left over vampire vape stuff once the stuff arrives. And had thought to order some 10 ml bottles from them before deciding on some new concentrates. @MarylinC37 thanks for the tip on different places. I do realise that vampire vape have maybe been over taken quite a bit over the last few years. Guess I'll just have to spend some money initially to try different things out.

Totally agree flavours are subjective and individual tastes so fickle. Early on when I started I bought pixie juice - they had at the time an amazing jam doughnut and mint vienneto. I'd assume nowadays there are plenty that compare but back then they really were legues away from anything else I tried. Even so, and how good it was, I never finished the bottle as it was a bit much after a while. Then house of liquids was another one I tried. I remember one night using one of their tobacco ones and thinking wow this is basically the same as a very nice cigarette. But then the next time I tried I got put off by the scent and just never returned too. Pretty fickle!

With vampire capes I've always stuck to the fruit flavours but may branch out a bit. Someone was recommending to me blackcurrant lemonade from prime vapour. I could get behind something like that, but really would prefer to be able to buy concentrates and make myself.

Will be having a look around here more for tips and definitely check out Vapable and not rely on vampire. I may do one more order though with vampire for some samples and maybe concentrates after first if they are ok in my new set up. They've been very good to me over the years and the concentrates are very easy to mix (ie at most adding some menthol concentrate to another flavor before adding VG/pg and nic. I make in batches usually too so have enough for a month or two... Just trying to be efficient.

I think that's sensible. Don't feel pushed into anything. As you say get used to your new devices first and see how they perform then you can think about your liquids. I can understand after so much time that you'll have a certain amount of loyalty towards Vampire Vape so if you're happy with how it works in your new kit then definitely stick with the recipes you know you like and then maybe you can have a little look through the recipes on e-liquid-recipes.com and see what others are doing.

When you search the recipes you can sort them according to their rating and see how others are making them and also the different concentrate brands they use and then decide if you fancy trying any of them.

It's so much fun trying out all this new stuff and hopefully at the end of it you'll end up with an astonishingly good vape. Feel free to ask any questions you want or maybe share a few tips of your own.

Have fun and keep us in touch with how it's all working out. :)

I find it annoying when you make a recipe that is highly rated and when you taste it it's nothing like what they are all raving about. It's happened a few times especially with Tobacco flavours, trying to find a decent one is near on impossible but i am stubborn enough to keep looking and trying. Who knows, the next one i find could be my Holy Grail of Tobacco Juices. I can wish.

I find it annoying when you make a recipe that is highly rated and when you taste it it's nothing like what they are all raving about. It's happened a few times especially with Tobacco flavours, trying to find a decent one is near on impossible but i am stubborn enough to keep looking and trying. Who knows, the next one i find could be my Holy Grail of Tobacco Juices. I can wish.
Yeahi hear you.
I have no experience doing DIY other than mixing a bottle of concentrate up with the vg pg and juice. Making different recipes sounds a bit daunting tbh but as long as I've got a few juices I'm happy to fall back on then it's all good (apart from trying to minimise the amount of 'stuff' I have in general that is.

Hope you find the right tobacco one soon

I've got a few tobaccos steeping at the moment mate, if I really rate any of them I'll let you know and send you a sample if you want.

Thanks @MarylinC37 I will give that a go, never tried any sweetners and think maybe that's where i have been going wrong, things like fruits and berries just fall flat without any sweetness.

Back
Top Bottom