What's new

Edd X mtl rta

Update:

SXK 451 is in the country and apparently being delivered today along with my toolkit. Really looking forward to this. Still waiting on my coils and cotton tho grrrrrr. Is what it is.

Coolvape store has messaged me 3 to 8 times every single day asking to pay this 0.01 transaction fee or cancel the order for my Kayfun x clone. I read all the messages and ignored them waiting for the order to time out as dispatch wasn’t made to get a refund. I refuse to cancel the order my end. There’s was less than an hour to go and I get a message saying my Kayfun x has been dispatched.

Now I’m wondering l, really I had to stick to my guns to get an item I had paid for to be sent out?
Why not just sent the damn item out. From what I read this 0.01 fee is to stop you getting a refund for the true value of the product which I was not willing to do. That’s just scammy and not how to do business China or no China.

Now I’m thinking what on earth is in that package will it be what I ordered or something else? Will it turn up broken? Will it turn up at all? I’m looking forward to finding out long as it’s not covid from Wuhan. It’s not a lot of money but it’s the principle of it that annoys me more. Will never ever use coolvape again. Watch what vendor your buying from is a valuable lesson for me.

Glad to hear your 451 is on the way, I'm vaping that one today. The stuff with the KF X clone sounds a right pita, fortunately I didn't have any probs with mine from Coolvape.

Last edited:
I ordered an rda from coolvape. They sent a message asking for the extra 0.01 for delivery. I sent a message back to them saying please issue an immediate and full refund. I also reported them to Ali express for demanding additional payment for postage. Within an hour they had despatched my rda and also a token for £1 off my next purchase. Will see if it arrives and if they send what I ordered. Scummy cunts.

Glad to hear your 451 is on the way, I'm vaping that one today. The stuff with the KF X clone sounds a right pita, fortunately I didn't have any probs with mine from Coolvape.

The tank has landed along with my toolkit but had no time to look at it or do anything with it yet. I’ve popped to a local b&m and grabbed some coils and cotton that cost a fortune. So will coil and wick tonight when I get some time later after I’ve washed the tank. Looking forward to see what all the hype is about and there better be some decent flavour compared to my stock coils.

The tank has landed along with my toolkit but had no time to look at it or do anything with it yet. I’ve popped to a local b&m and grabbed some coils and cotton that cost a fortune. So will coil and wick tonight when I get some time later after I’ve washed the tank. Looking forward to see what all the hype is about and there better be some decent flavour compared to my stock coils.

I’ve now done my first deck build it went ok. I’ve re wicked today because my first wick had far too much volume. After re wicking I’ve definitely got better flavour. I had a coil nightmare after the second rewicking. Ohms increased to 1.27ohms when it’s a 1 ohm coil. For some reason one of the post connections was loose so tightened that up and went to 0.7 ohms. Loosened off the posts a tad and now at 1.02 ohms. Didn’t know the post tightness makes a huge difference. I just knew not to crush the coil and don’t cause a short.

So learnt a lot in the last two days. I don’t seem to be pushing out much decent cloud though. Is it the tank itself or have I done something wrong to no produce decent vapour? I’ve got the juice flow opened to two holes. Dialled it back to 1.5 and tried it on 3 but doesn’t seem to do much at all. Any input greatly received

If ANYTHING is loose you will have problems with fluctuating resistance - one major problem 'increased resistance' can cause is overheating. For example - if you're using a 1 ohm coil and set your mod to provide 14 watts but because something is loose your mod reads the resistance at 2 ohms it will send double the amount of voltage to the coil. This will quickly cause overheating/cooking juice and all kinds of problems.

Whatever you do DON'T loosen screws to get the mod to read your coil at 1 ohms. Make sure the screws clamp the coil firmly - anything that is loose can cause major problems.

There is a possibility that the reason your mod is reading a coil you believe to be 1 ohm at 0.70 ohms is it has a hot spot and the current is taking a short cut somewhere in the coil and not flowing through every wrap. Make sure you have glowed and strummed the coil properly to remove any hot spots, hot spots frequently cause a lower resistance reading (remember - hot spots can appear underneath the coil and sometimes inside the coiled wire where the little buggers can be easy to overlook if you're not paying attention).

There is a possibility that the coil really is 0.70 ohms despite what is written on the packaging - if in doubt stretch the coil slightly, press it back together with your fingers and refit it in the tank - a stretched coil will not 'hot spot' as the current cannot take a short cut as none of the wraps will be touching.

if the coil really is 0.70 ohms, don't worry about it -it used to be a problem with non-adjustable mods/mech mods or mods where you had a very limited selection of voltage outputs but if you're using a mod with adjustable wattage then just dial in the wattage to taste and vape it.

But don't, ever, for any reason, loosen screws to raise resistance - you won't be raising the resistance of the coil, you will be creating extra resistance in the posts - and they will get HOT. and it won't end well.

If ANYTHING is loose you will have problems with fluctuating resistance - one major problem 'increased resistance' can cause is overheating. For example - if you're using a 1 ohm coil and set your mod to provide 14 watts but because something is loose your mod reads the resistance at 2 ohms it will send double the amount of voltage to the coil. This will quickly cause overheating/cooking juice and all kinds of problems.

Whatever you do DON'T loosen screws to get the mod to read your coil at 1 ohms. Make sure the screws clamp the coil firmly - anything that is loose can cause major problems.

There is a possibility that the reason your mod is reading a coil you believe to be 1 ohm at 0.70 ohms is it has a hot spot and the current is taking a short cut somewhere in the coil and not flowing through every wrap. Make sure you have glowed and strummed the coil properly to remove any hot spots, hot spots frequently cause a lower resistance reading (remember - hot spots can appear underneath the coil and sometimes inside the coiled wire where the little buggers can be easy to overlook if you're not paying attention).

There is a possibility that the coil really is 0.70 ohms despite what is written on the packaging - if in doubt stretch the coil slightly, press it back together with your fingers and refit it in the tank - a stretched coil will not 'hot spot' as the current cannot take a short cut as none of the wraps will be touching.

if the coil really is 0.70 ohms, don't worry about it -it used to be a problem with non-adjustable mods/mech mods or mods where you had a very limited selection of voltage outputs but if you're using a mod with adjustable wattage then just dial in the wattage to taste and vape it.

But don't, ever, for any reason, loosen screws to raise resistance - you won't be raising the resistance of the coil, you will be creating extra resistance in the posts - and they will get HOT. and it won't end well.

Thank you for the lesson I appreciate it. When I say loosen I mean not even a thread just a slight light touch, a tweek if you will, BUT I’m new to this so il take your advice. When the coil was reading 1.27ohm the whole device was getting warm so I stopped using it to try and find what the issue was. I assumed there was a sweet spot attaching the coil to the posts where it’s not crushing the coil but holding it in place well. This is what I thought I had achieved. These sort of issues is why I didn’t want to get into this in the first place.
However you can’t get good at something without trial and error even after watching a million videos and reading as much as you can.

Regards to hot spots I need help. Is there an explanation how to deal with them other than pulsing the coil and rubbing ceramic tweezers over the coil? How to I deal with hotspots inside the coil? Didn’t think about inside the coil only on top. I assume stretching the coil means using a probe tool and push the coil to say a 3mm diameter of the coil is a 2.5mm then probe to 2.5mm and pull the coil tight around the probe?

Is there any other reason why I’m not getting an acceptable amount of vapour off the tank? I’m at 16w no higher. My Voopoo Argus g and all my standard tanks give off way more vapour. How much difference does coil height make over the airflow? The 451 posts are big so you do have to lift the coil higher than 1mm I’m around 3mm ish at a guess. The first cotton attempt I learned far too much cotton. The re wick cotton amount seems why better much better flavour. I’m still confused to why I’m not getting a better end result.

When you clamp down a coil use firm finger pressure - the coil must be fairly tightly clamped. However - you're tightening down a couple of tiny screws not the wheels of your car - don't lock your wrist and use any arm strength or you will either cut the coil or strip out the screws/post threads and potentially end up with a scrap RTA. Tightening screws on the coil can flatten the clamped areas slightly but this is not something to worry about - as long as you don't use so much force you cut the coil or strip something you're good.

To get at a hotspot inside the coil just put the pointy end of ceramic tweezers inside the coil and gently scrape it.

i recommend you watch a couple of youtube vids to watch an MTL RTA being built and coils being checked/strummed for hot spots Vaping with Vic may be a marmite reviewer but generally he uses really good equipment/cameras so you get a clear view and verbal description of the build in progress. I recommend you watch a couple of builds just to get a clear picture as sometimes coils will bed in immediately and don't need strumming - it's sod's law that you'll watch footage where the coil doesn't need strumming or barely needs adjusting if you just watch one.

once you've strummed a coil to remove hotspots it will fall into place - it's one of those things that is difficult to explain, but easy to do once you figure it out.

I’ve now done my first deck build it went ok. I’ve re wicked today because my first wick had far too much volume. After re wicking I’ve definitely got better flavour. I had a coil nightmare after the second rewicking. Ohms increased to 1.27ohms when it’s a 1 ohm coil. For some reason one of the post connections was loose so tightened that up and went to 0.7 ohms. Loosened off the posts a tad and now at 1.02 ohms. Didn’t know the post tightness makes a huge difference. I just knew not to crush the coil and don’t cause a short.

So learnt a lot in the last two days. I don’t seem to be pushing out much decent cloud though. Is it the tank itself or have I done something wrong to no produce decent vapour? I’ve got the juice flow opened to two holes. Dialled it back to 1.5 and tried it on 3 but doesn’t seem to do much at all. Any input greatly received

Different mods can give different ohms readings. I'm vaping the 451 today on a mod with an Ambitions Mods chip and it reads it as 1.45ohms. Just popped it on a dna60 mod and it's 1.36 while on a Gen Nano and a Mixx it's 1.34. I think the idea of variable juice flow control is for thicker liquids you open it up more and the opposite for thinner ones.

I have the afc ring on 1mm and find it produces enough vapour for me but try opening up the afc as that will increase the amount of vapour somewhat.

Different mods can give different ohms readings. I'm vaping the 451 today on a mod with an Ambitions Mods chip and it reads it as 1.45ohms. Just popped it on a dna60 mod and it's 1.36 while on a Gen Nano and a Mixx it's 1.34. I think the idea of variable juice flow control is for thicker liquids you open it up more and the opposite for thinner ones.

I have the afc ring on 1mm and find it produces enough vapour for me but try opening up the afc as that will increase the amount of vapour somewhat.

Thanks for the input mate. I’ve tried all the afc settings all the way up to 2mm. I agree usually more air makes more vapour. But I do find this tank pretty restrictive and the external afc doesn’t do much to be fair.

I’m using a 50/50 juice drakes Virginia. 1 or 2 holes open is good I’ve opened it up totally and tried the third hole but it was a juice killer and used most of a tank in a night. I think I just need to re wick again tonight and check this coil out again for hotspots and check the tightness of the posts again. I’m pretty sure it’s me doing something wrong somewhere along the line. It’s just a learning curve. It all seems to simple until you try it yourself./ This forum and its members help loads. Thank you to you all!

Update: I’ve managed to solve all my issues. One coil was slightly overlapping another so as crispycutters said. I’ve separated the coils sightly then pushed back. Turns out my coil was too low against the airflow so blocking it too much hence the lack of Vapor. It still isn’t pumping out clouds but it’s not supposed to but it’s an improvement I can life with. The flavour is excellent considering its drakes Virginia and is very very subtle. Least there’s flavour to the juice now. I’m pretty happy overall just need to get used to it and try deeper flavoured liquids. I’m keeping all my RTAs purely for NET tobaccos. Use my standard tanks for synths.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom