What's new

Frustrations

Initiate
Hello... My first post and off to a flyer with a moan lol

Ive been vaping on and off for years now...ive completely packed up the tobacco again but this time i will be beating my 2 years previous record as ive no choice in it because of health probs.. I'm currently 5 months in..

Anyways.. FIRST MOAN

Ive had a Aegis Geekvape for a few years now and ive got the tank that came with it which uses Smok M2 or Q2 coils...... these seem to burn out super fast and give that really nasty chemical taste .. Sometimes im lucky and get 4/5 days..but other times i get it after just a couple of days.. I bought a couple the other day and within hours the first one was gone..and the 2nd one didnt last a day either... tried lower voltage, messed about with airflow...tried not to "chain vape" so it doesnt go dry etc.... it also leaks...

Ive also got an OfRF tank and coil.... These last much better but leak really bad

Im just sick and tired of hassles with nasty chemical tastes from burnt out coils and being slimed up an my hands and getting eliquid all over me - especially on a night time when im in bed and its leaking all over my pyjamas/bedtime t shirts..

I JUST WANT A SIMPLE LIFE.

Can anyone recommend a tank/coil setup i can use with this Aegis Legend Geekvape whatever its called mod thats reliable and user friendly please. One that i can chong upon without getting slimed up or with nasty chemical tastes that also damage my throat and make me sound like Bonnie Tyler with laryngitis?

Ive put up with these things for a long time and was one of the reasons i ended up going back onto the tobacco last time.

Thank you for any help/suggestions

I will try not to moan anymore.

:welcome1:,

That was a really touching moan, that. Vaping has come a long way since your tanks were introduced, so fear not, there’s a solution for you. And you’ll get lots of opinions here to choose from :18:

What you obviously need is a tank with top airflow. The Geekvape Zeus is a good example, and their Z and M coils are dependable and tasty. The top airflow will stop leakage and keep your pjs clean and tidy. There’s a plethora of other options, and you can even get rtas with top airflow, in case you want to save some money. I’m a mtl vaper so I’ll let other apes do the talking here ;)

Hi @909 and welcome to the planet.
Smok, that says it all really. their QC whent down the shitter many years ago.
are you priming the coil first then starting low or going straight in to say 50w will just burn them out much quicker.

As said, the Zeus tank with Z coils which comes in the legend kit is top airflow and ive not had a leak yet even laying in bed. at first their coils seemed ok but ive noticed for the last year loosing taste within 5-7 days at 50watt max. luckily there are new 0.15 XM coils which last much longer around 2 weeks or a bit longer. so far only found then at Legion of Vapes https://www.legionofvapers.com/product/geekvape-zeus-sub-ohm-mesh-coil-5pcs
The Max tank with the M coils are decent as well and never leaked.

another decent tank with great flavour is the Vaperesso itank or the new itank2 . no leaks but never tried laying down with this one.

Last edited:
You wont go far wrong with a Nautilus 3 tank. The coils last me around 3 weeks vaping at 12 watts.

Hey thanks for the suggestions.. To answer you @MrDJ I'm letting the juice sit in the tank when i put a new coil in for a few minutes before firing it up- but my voltage never goes above 35.. and ive been down as low as 20 ish to see if that stops the coils burning out/nasty taste Someone said they get 3 weeks from a coil..Now *that's* what i need in my life.. I'm getting 3 days and the last two i bought wasnt even that .. (at £2 a pop)
I statrted getting nostagic for back in the day when i had an Ego battery and (can't remember the name) but used to use cotton wool type stuff and rebuild the wicks when they started tasting bad.. I liked that as was cheap and fairly simple to just re-wick them yourself.
I've saved all my dead Smok coils because i had some idea that there maybe a way of revitalising them in some way - but doubt that's possible..
I'd be into rebuiding my own coils if that's not too much of a faff and makes things a lot cheaper..... but to be fair if i only had to buy a new coil every couple of eeks i could live with that...
Gonna goo and look at the suggested tanks now.
My inward Victor Meldrew is disappearing and i'm starting to feel much calmer, Thank you ...

Hey thanks for the suggestions.. To answer you @MrDJ I'm letting the juice sit in the tank when i put a new coil in for a few minutes before firing it up- but my voltage never goes above 35.. and ive been down as low as 20 ish to see if that stops the coils burning out/nasty taste Someone said they get 3 weeks from a coil..Now *that's* what i need in my life.. I'm getting 3 days and the last two i bought wasnt even that .. (at £2 a pop)
I statrted getting nostagic for back in the day when i had an Ego battery and (can't remember the name) but used to use cotton wool type stuff and rebuild the wicks when they started tasting bad.. I liked that as was cheap and fairly simple to just re-wick them yourself.
I've saved all my dead Smok coils because i had some idea that there maybe a way of revitalising them in some way - but doubt that's possible..
I'd be into rebuiding my own coils if that's not too much of a faff and makes things a lot cheaper..... but to be fair if i only had to buy a new coil every couple of eeks i could live with that...
My inward Victor Meldrew is disappearing and i'm starting to feel much calmer, Thank you ...
youve mention voltage twice now. volts have not been used by many for over 8 years as coils are rated on wattage range. if you are turning up/down using voltage maybe thats why they are burning out. try changing your settings to vw variable wattage and see if that helps.

you say you have the aegis geekvape and use smok coils? is the tank smok TVF8
which aegis mod do you have https://www.geekvape.com/aegis/

I did buy the tfv8 but didnt even get through half a tank before i cleaned it out and sold it. since then not touched smok so not tried those coils you use.
just to double check what ratio of juice are you using.

for a new coil the norm is drip juice on all the cotton around the coil then screw in and fill up. whatever you are going to vape at start at half that wattage. so if 40w then start at 20w. you will hardly get any cloud or flavour but this is still heating up the coil and bedding it in. turn up a watt every few puffs and this will certainly help bed in and prolong the life of the coil.

lastly where are you buying your coils from. all well know coils are faked or cloned and my rule of thumb is not worth the risk buying from ebay or even amazon.

there are plenty on here that build coils for rda/rdta/drippers so start a new question for the best of whats out there. ive never built so cant help with that.

edit
cleaning coils for some was a big thing years ago and quite a lot done it. there should be videos around with guides.

Sorry @MrDJ i meant watts.. I'm only using between 25-35 watts not volts at all.. My bad

The mod is the old "Classic" sort. Ive had a few now cos i was breaking others at work and it was sold to me as "indestructible". Which i later found to be rubbish as the previous one dropped of the van seat and the front panel fell off..

The coils i get from a vape shop, not from online. Thanks

you say your letting the juice sit in the tank when you put new coil in for few mins before firing correct ?

i think where you are going wrong could be your not priming the coil properly im including a pic of any old coil where you can see the cotton from the out side off the coil, are you putting liquid in these holes which i do about 4 or 5 times then put the coil in said tank & leave for at least another 10 mins & start low on wattage

innokin-coils-innokin-limax-coils-vpz-31736733040790.jpg

i don’t think the answer to problems with a shitty tank with leaking coils is to get one with top airflow. surely the OP would be better off just getting a decent tank with coils that don’t leak, or getting some kind of rebuildable device and making his/er own coils?

Voopoo Uforce L tank is top air flow and I prefer it to the Zues.
An awesome bottom airflow one that doesn't leak, chucks out the flavour and coils keep on keeping on is the Vaporesso itank 2. Best bottom air flow iv used. Probably the longest lasting coils too.

Back
Top Bottom