What's new

I had a 'relapse'

My father and all his mates are Wino's , as for druggies..drugs are 'legal' here and I haven't smelled so much as a spliff or seen any evidence of any drugs problems. But I am in a very quiet part of Portugal.

Quarteria for weed ;)

Pervert...................
I was standing outside the Red Dog bar and a young lady crossed the road squatted between two cars lifted up her skirt and urinated in front of me.I normally have to pay good money for that back in Blighty.

I was there last week Bez and noticed a few drinkers/homeless people in the old town.

Portugal was a wee reminder that not everywhere in the world has a smoking ban! It'd been a dozen years since we'd been abroad and to see people openly smoking in bars/restaurants - we mostly sat outside but the waft of fag smoke was never far away, I forgot just how much smoke goes for my chest/throat. We took the boys to a restaurant and we were getting funny looks from the staff for going outside for a vape, just habit from doing it here.

I found a vape shop as soon as we got there, the mini bus shuttle from our resort dropped you off at the top of the old town at a bus & taxi rank and the vape shop was right next to it - I had a very brief look and they were €10 for 30ml of shop made liquid (never bought any as had plenty with me) I did notice a tobbacanist with a sign for Amber Leaf at €78, I'd imagine that was for 10 x 50g? Even if it was 10 x 30g, it's a damn sight cheaper than the UK.

I quite liked the place, even though it rained quite a bit while we were there.
The only thing that pissed me me were the bloody timeshare touts that wouldn't leave you alone. My mate got really fed up with it one day, and to this guy & woman "I havn't bought a house in the UK, so why the fuck would I buy one here, now piss off"

I was standing outside the Red Dog bar and a young lady crossed the road squatted between two cars lifted up her skirt and urinated in front of me.I normally have to pay good money for that back in Blighty.

Luck bastard, last one I had like that was an old guy in Delhi, lifted up his robes, and had a piss in the middle of the pavement, this was in the daytime with people walking up & down the street.

I quite liked the place, even though it rained quite a bit while we were there.
The only thing that pissed me me were the bloody timeshare touts that wouldn't leave you alone. My mate got really fed up with it one day, and to this guy & woman "I havn't bought a house in the UK, so why the fuck would I buy one here, now piss off"
I really enjoyed it, never encountered any touts though - it was off season and loads of places were closed though, it must be a whoora busy place at the height of summer though! And we had fantastic weather for February, sunny and warm every day - a couple of days were so nice that it was like the height of summer in Scotland!

I've lost track now,has Hedders actually invited all of us to his fathers house,it'll be full of booze apparently...lol

When I first stopped, me and a mate were standing at my back door, she was having a fag, I was having a vape. I asked for a pull on her cigarette and she argued the toss. No, I don't think you should. You've done so well. I explained that I just wanted to see if it was as good as I remembered or had I finally turned a corner. She conceded and I took a pull. It was rank and I handed it back. I've never had one since. Don't get me wrong. I still ocassionally miss the days of sitting with a cigarette. That 5 minutes of peace. Or sitting with friends having a cig and a drink but it's more the memories than the actual fag itself I miss.

Back
Top Bottom