What's new

Is vaping something non smokers should not do?

dansus

Achiever
If so, why?

Seems like a perfectly respectable passtime to me, and you don't have to vape with nicotine. Although the benefits of regularly ingesting small amounts of nicotine to cognitive health are oft written about.

Coffee and a vape, why not?

coffee and a vape.jpg

i personally would not advice some some one who has never smoked too take up vaping, but then again they are adults & there choice

I understand that nicotine has possible benefits for a number of health conditions, and for brain functioning in general (well I saw that documentary about it and though I can't remember the details, I remember that it was pretty convincing overall).

That said...

It's the addiction factor though, isn't it? Regular nic intake is pretty addictive. And I wouldn't recommend that anybody regularly consumes something that is addicitive.

Also it's the coughing. Whenever non-smokers I've met have tried vaping, they always cough and splutter, because they're not used to it. Again that is not something I would recommend.

I would need to see some pretty convincing evidence that regular vaping is helpful and healthful to the average non-smoker, in order to recommend it as a course of action. And I can't see that happening TBH.

People like their little pick-me-ups so why shouldn't they have a right to choose? There are much, much worse things out there people could use so what's wrong with a decent vape. I certainly wouldn't be going around making them sound like a creation of the devil and trying to scare people away if they want to try it.

I don't see any point in vaping for the sake of vaping. If I managed to reduce to 0mg then I'd quit.

If flavour bans or restrictions are introduced then the 'it tastes good' factor may not be relevant. One of the most difficult aspects of vaping for me was finding juices that I actually liked - and none of them were tobacco, menthol or mint. I see no point in experimenting to find a juice range you don't find unpleasant or boring if you don't have a nicotine addiction.

Nope, why should someone get addicted to something that raises your blood pressure and increases your heart rate unless you are trying to stop yourself from smoking.

Nicotine is not something you really want to be using everyday unless you are going to smoke without a vape.

It's a tricky subject, lots of vapers now have never smoked but they are mostly young uns that shouldn't be doing it anyway. I guess though if you're an adult and wish to use nicotine I support that free choice. Vaping 0% nic I find pointless though, it's like 0% alcohol drinks in pubs, what's the point?

It's a tricky subject, lots of vapers now have never smoked but they are mostly young uns that shouldn't be doing it anyway. I guess though if you're an adult and wish to use nicotine I support that free choice. Vaping 0% nic I find pointless though, it's like 0% alcohol drinks in pubs, what's the point?

For the taste/sensation I would guess. I'd still vape 0% if I was wasn't addicted.

As for the original question - if they're old enough, then I personally don't care if a non smoker vapes or not.

I suppose you have a point there. And I do agree if someone is old enough it doesn't bother me what they do.

Back
Top Bottom