What's new

Is vaping something non smokers should not do?

Same for coffee, but seems to be a pleasurable pastime for many.
I seem to remember reading that its only in people who are not used to drinking coffee and has no effect on regular drinkers.

It's the addiction factor though, isn't it? Regular nic intake is pretty addictive.
Is it? News to me. Dr Paul Newhouse gave his non smoking Alzheimer patients nicotine injections and patches, and none had withdrawal symptoms.
No withdrawal symptoms were reported by subjects or informants nor were any subjects reported to be continuing to use nicotine after the study was completed. Link - Nicotine treatment of mild cognitive impairment

I would need to see some pretty convincing evidence that regular vaping is helpful and healthful to the average non-smoker
Doesn't need to be healthful to enjoy it, which could be helpful.
Vaping 0% nic I find pointless though, it's like 0% alcohol drinks in pubs, what's the point?
For the flavour and the habit? That's why i vape.
The more vaping is seen as 'recreational' rather than 'smoking cessation' the more I think we'll be in trouble. If it destroys vaping for the people that actually needed it and they die smokers, then that's a bad thing.
Have to disagree here. Think the more recreational it becomes, the wider it will be accepted as a normal thing to do, and smokers will feel more comfortable making the switch.

I seem to remember reading that its only in people who are not used to drinking coffee and has no effect on regular drinkers.
Pretty sure regular coffee drinkers start out as people as who are not used to drinking coffee yet..

Have to disagree here. Think the more recreational it becomes, the wider it will be accepted as a normal thing to do, and smokers will feel more comfortable making the switch.

I hope you are right... I really do, but look at how that's going so far.

I used to be able to vape in almost every pub in the town I go out in.... guess how many I can vape in now?

No Smoking (including e-cigarettes) signs everywhere even outside.

I think over the last 5 years it's become less acceptable to vape, you've been vaping longer than me, you've seen this. I love your positive optimism though. I just don't feel it myself.

I think nicotine is a pretty crappy drug to try if you are determined to exercise your free will as a grown up! Its effects are very minimal and we only really get pleasure in it from topping up what has left our systems and sating the craving. I vape much more out of habit because it replaces an action I've done for 25 years.

I wouldn't recommend nicotine or breathing in anything other than fresh air. If you really want to then go ahead, like we all did, most likely as teenagers. There are much better drugs that will give you a whole load more bang for your buck, especially looking at upcoming tax hikes. All seems daft to me, why start a bad habit as a grown up?

The world has moved on from smoking, it's in decline, vaping is the new kid on the block, so if someone ( who has never smoked ) fancies a wee go on a vape , well that's up to them.
Vaping may have started out as a smoking cessation tool and still is.....but is that really all it is today, I think not

It's recreational - at least at the start, like alcohol. I know people who have never smoked but vape 0 nic liquid because they like the taste and flavour. Dont think I'd vape if I'd never smoked, but cant be 100% certain I wouldn't. I think the money would be better spent elsewhere if I'd never been a smoker and that generally would apply to other people who've never smoked - save/ spend your money elsewhere.

All seems daft to me, why start a bad habit as a grown up?

I can only speak for what I see around me but I don't think there are many adult non-smokers starting a vaping habit. Most are teenage kids the others are what you might call 'occasional social vapers' ... middle aged women out on the lash for someone's birthday (they'll probably do sour shots as well as enjoy a fruity ice dispoable or two) ... and whatever the male equivalent of that is.

If I was a young non smoker I probably would try vaping after all I did start smoking and no one said anything.

Being older if I didn't already smoke I don't think I would have even thought to try vaping. I would have just seen it as something smokers do instead of smoking.

Back
Top Bottom