What's new

Review LiQuid (OnePoundEliquid.com) - Review of 9 flavours

davrog

Achiever
I've now tried almost all of the juices in the LiQuid range, so thought I'd review some of the flavours that evoke my strongest views (good or bad!).

Menthol, 12mg

LiQuid Menthol flavour I find to be a pretty unexceptional menthol. It doesn't really have any notable tobacco element to the flavour, but neither is it a particularly prominent 'menthol only' flavour. It's generally a pretty weak, slightly minty flavour on inhalation with little taste left in the mouth afterwards. Throat hit was about average for a 12mg juice, but little of the throat hit seemed to come from the actual menthol effect. It's certainly not a sweet menthol, so those who don't like sweet menthols may find it usable. If it were £4 a bottle, I'd rate it at 4/10 ..... but considering it's a quid, I'd nudge that up to 6.5/10.

Virginia Tobacco, 18mg

All told, this is a pretty decent 'Virginia', blended tobacco emulation. It has a notable smoky inhalation, with musky, woody tones, and an ever so slightly sweetened aftertaste. Throat hit at 18mg was bold, but not at all harsh. I've tried 3 Virginia tobaccos to date (the other two costing £3.99) and this has been the best. Considering the price; 8/10.

RY4, 12mg

Ok, this is where things get interesting. I love RY4. Until I discovered Drip Drop Vapour's Cookie n Cream, RY4 was my all day vape, and most commonly used juice flavour. I've tried around 6 brands of RY4 to date. The worst (by a country mile) was the max VG RY4 by Ivapour Elixir. The 'caramel' flavour in that juice tastes like sweetened compost to me. My favourite RY4, prior to trying the LiQuid RY4, was Apollo's. I then tried LiQuid's RY4, not expecting a lot, and to my surprise, it is the best RY4 (to me) that I've tried so far. It is of course sweet but the tobacco flavour is defined, and the caramel and vanilla elements are notable but not over-bearing. It's a really nice juice. This one feels harsh to me on throat hit at 18mg, but at 12mg, it's a beauty. I recently ordered 80ml's of LiQuid's RY4, all delivered for £9.50 !!! A very deserving 9/10.

Mint Blast, 12mg

Where LiQuid's Menthol flavour is lacking, this flavour more than makes up. It's actually one of my favourite menthol/mint juices from the 20+ I've tried. It IS sweet... like a sweet peppermint flavour. But the sweetness is not over-bearing; it's mainly on the exhale and feels just right. Perhaps even a little hint of vanilla. This is my 'go to' mint/menthol juice. I have to note that at the same time as ordering this LiQuid Mint Blast for £1, I also tried a menthol e-juice called "Millionairre's Menthol" from Vapouriz. It is their most expensive e-juice that they sell, at £4.49 for 10ml ......... and it was one of the most lacklustre, bland, dull menthol juices I've ever tried. It has absolutely nothing about it, no layering of taste, just a muted 'ever so slightly generic menthol' flavour on the exhale. That Vapouriz juice left me really disillusioned about mint/menthol juice but luckily the next day, the LiQuid Mint Blast arrived, and my faith was restored. Throat hit spot on and definitely augmented by the mint. Perfect at 12mg. 9/10.

Strawberry Milk, 12mg

Was unsure what this one would be like; I do not like straight strawberry, or strawberry mint ejuices one bit..... but the 'milk' component interested me as I love strawberry milkshake. This juice is really nice!! ..... very milkshakey. It's a slightly muted taste, but that's probably a good thing - strong strawberry flavours get sickly very quickly (hey, that rhymes!). This is more of a background taste but notable. Throat hit is down on average, at 12mg. Not tried the 18mg version yet. I can't quite vape this all day - I do find myself craving for something else after a couple of hours. but it's a nice refreshing change and I tend to vape it for a couple of hours a couple of times a week. A worthy 8/10.

Blueberry

So, considering these juices are 10mls for £1, things are going really well so far. This is where it changes. This juice was absolutely vile to my taste buds. I like a few Blueberry juices but this one was so weak; very lacking in flavour with just a very slight, bitter blueberry aftertaste. The weakness of flavour makes it really sickening. If you like 'flavourless' juices (which some do) then you may want to consider this one!!. I gave it a 3 week steep, and it tasted no better. 2/10.

Very Berry

Not bad, not great. A little sour to my taste buds. I would have preferred this one to be a little sweeter where the berry flavours are concerned. This one may be more of a personal taste thing - it's possible that some people could like this one (whereas I don't believe anyone could like their Blueberry!). I think I would have just preferred a bit more Rasberry, and a touch more strawberry, wheras it tastes more of more sour berries like Blueberry and blackberry. Throat hit quite light, at 12mg. 5.5/10.

Black Tobacco

This is a tobacco juice, with a hint of licorice. I've tried a couple of other black tobacco brands and found them quite nice. This one to me, was too coarse; in the 'black' department. All I could taste was a strong licorice taste. Too sweet to really claim to be a tobacco based juice. Throat hit about as expected, at 12mg. I think if they labelled this one "licorice" it would be more authentic to what it's claiming to be. As a Black Tobacco, it didn't work one bit for me. 5/10.

Cherry Menthol

So the benchmark for Cherry Menthol juices seems to be that they should taste like "Cherry Tunes" cough drops. Well I'm not a lover of Cherry Menthol juice, or Tunes, so I bought this one more as an experiment or tester. It definitely passed the "Cherry Tunes" test! Very, very much like a Cherry flavoured Tune. On my first vape I though "wow, that's nice!"... but after 10 minutes I was sickened by the Cherry element, and feeling quite nauseus and had to dash for my RY4 to settle my taste buds. Impartially speaking though, this is a very good flavour, and lovers of Cherry Menthol, or the "Tunes" flavour will not be disappointed by it. Throat hit, above average. Well balanced between Cherry elements and Menthol elements. 8/10.

Last edited:
great review, thanks for posting.

have you tried their new custard yet?

great review, thanks for posting.

have you tried their new custard yet?

I haven't, but I noticed it when ordering my RY4 yesterday - definitely going on the list for the next order!

Great review i am tempted to try the strawberry milk, i used to have these things as a kid, it was a straw with little strawberry balls inside the straw, and when you drank milk it was like strawberry milkshake, if it tasted like them its a winner from me.

I`ve tried the custard. Quite good but a bit more harsh on the throat than others I use. Noty bad for a quid though. One thing i did notice was that I`ve just put some in my 4ml tank and about 2/3 of bottle has gone. I will buy more, along with their lemon sherbert, which I think is very good.

just thought id bump the post

i agree the ry4 is superb and my all day vape

just ordered 20 bottles lol,i literally cant put it down,its exactly the right strength and the caramel never gets sickly(and i hate dessert juices,cant take them for more than 5 minutes )

some of their flavours are really really bad but this one is crazy good the fact that its £1 is insane

Back
Top Bottom