What's new

Mask exemptions

When outside and unable to socially distance, Bez. In other words, crammed together, at less than 1 metre.

Is that not another example of the government stopping short of actually making it compulsory. As in you do not necessarily are to wear one.

@Social Misfit it’s mandatory in scotland from yesterday (i think) in shops and public transport. My wife went into waitrose yesterday and they gave her a paper one at the door. See this page on the scot.gov website.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/c...e-and-protecting-others/pages/face-coverings/

But there is this paragraph on exemptions, so you should be okay.

• you have a health condition or you are disabled and a face covering would be inappropriate because it would cause difficulty, pain or severe distress or anxiety or because you cannot apply a covering and wear it in the proper manner safely and consistently. Individual discretion should be applied in considering the use of face coverings for other children including, for example, children with breathing difficulties and disabled children who would struggle to wear a face covering

Welcome back fella, aye I was at the shops yesterday (Friday) , everyone had a mask on in the shops.

Buses wont be a problem for me as i never use public transport, my concern was more for the shops
i always carry an inhaler with me, will play it by ear on Monday and if any probs will ask for manager.

You should be fine mate. :2thumbsup:
Let us know how you get on. :)

There's a couple of small shops near me that wouldn't let you in without a mask or sanitising your hands at the door. if that happens don't make a fuss just go somewhere else. It's their shop and it's their rules.

My wife went in a local shop the other day to buy milk, I asked "You wore a mask?" , answer "No, but I had gloves on" . I went into wtf fuck mode, quietly though. Btw, Gove said earlier " I don’t think mandatory, no, but I would encourage people to wear a face mask, where they are inside, in an environment where they are likely to be mixing with others and the ventilation may not be as good as it might. It is basic good manners, courtesy and consideration to wear a face mask if, for example, you’re in a shop.”

:hmm: :lame: :hmm:

Thanks @vapemac just ordered it £6 odd

To be honest you shouldn't have to buy one. There's a hundred and one reasons why you might not be able to wear a mask but unfortunately you'll always get one fucker that thinks they can tell you what to do. At least that way you can have something that looks official and those sunflower lanyards are pretty widely accepted/recognisable these days

Back
Top Bottom