What's new

N.E.T. Experiments for the perfect black tea concentrate

Simon G

Olympian
Before I start I guess I should say that I don't recommend you try any of this yourself and this thread is only for entertainment purposes. I don't know that any of this is 'safe' to vape. I don't really care myself because I don't believe a small amount of tea can be more dangerous that breathing in smoke (or net tobacco for that matter) and that's all I care about really. You are an adult, work it our for yourself.

I started off with 10g of a good quality tea, I'm using this (I should add here that you can find caffeine free teas here too if I was worried about that)

https://www.tea-and-coffee.com/kenya-rukuriri-estate-broken-pekoe-tea

which is inexpensive at £1.69 for 50g and has a really nice flavour, I don't think using tea bags is a good idea, while they come with their own filter system they also contain a lot of small particles that could end up making the concentrate have 'bits' in it or maybe have a 'dusty' texture which I don't want.

I put the 10g of tea in a jar along with 40ml of PG, I'm trying to get a 30ml bottle of concentrate, obviously the tea will absorb some of the PG and I won't be able to get that back. However I'm purely guessing the amounts here.

I then put a lid on the jar and let it stand in a jug with some fairly hot water to get the brewing process going.... within a couple of minutes I could see the PG starting to change colour, so I took it out and left it at room temp for another 24 hours.

..... everything was looking good and the PG looked like a very strong cup of black tea, now I had to get the tea out of the liquid. ..... my other half's new packet of '5 pairs of tights' now has a pair less. I figured this would be the best way to strain the leaves out of the liquid, I cut a 'foot' off and used that, perfect ... the leave pieces are big enough so they won't go through but the PG should be able to pass easily though the mesh.

I poured it into another clean jar with the tights foot over the top of the jar and used a syringe to fill a bottle.... I got pretty much the 30ml I was after without any pressing or mushing of the leaves, which I thought would be a bad idea and might introduce 'bits' again.

and this is what I've ended up with...

WP_20180615_09_38_54_Pro.jpg

It looks quite 'clean' but very dark so it's hard to see .... I'll mix some at 5% and see what it looks like then, if it looks cloudy or bitty I may need to use some kind of filter paper.

It's smells like tea.... lets see what it tastes like next.

TBC

I will definitely be trying this myself at some point, interested to hear how it puffs and how strong it is. It looks very dark, but I suppose that’s to be expected though.

Before I start I guess I should say that I don't recommend you try any of this yourself and this thread is only for entertainment purposes. I don't know that any of this is 'safe' to vape. I don't really care myself because I don't believe a small amount of tea can be more dangerous that breathing in smoke (or net tobacco for that matter) and that's all I care about really. You are an adult, work it our for yourself.

I started off with 10g of a good quality tea, I'm using this (I should add here that you can find caffeine free teas here too if I was worried about that)

https://www.tea-and-coffee.com/kenya-rukuriri-estate-broken-pekoe-tea

which is inexpensive at £1.69 for 50g and has a really nice flavour, I don't think using tea bags is a good idea, while they come with their own filter system they also contain a lot of small particles that could end up making the concentrate have 'bits' in it or maybe have a 'dusty' texture which I don't want.

I put the 10g of tea in a jar along with 40ml of PG, I'm trying to get a 30ml bottle of concentrate, obviously the tea will absorb some of the PG and I won't be able to get that back. However I'm purely guessing the amounts here.

I then put a lid on the jar and let it stand in a jug with some fairly hot water to get the brewing process going.... within a couple of minutes I could see the PG starting to change colour, so I took it out and left it at room temp for another 24 hours.

..... everything was looking good and the PG looked like a very strong cup of black tea, now I had to get the tea out of the liquid. ..... my other half's new packet of '5 pairs of tights' now has a pair less. I figured this would be the best way to strain the leaves out of the liquid, I cut a 'foot' off and used that, perfect ... the leave pieces are big enough so they won't go through but the PG should be able to pass easily though the mesh.

I poured it into another clean jar with the tights foot over the top of the jar and used a syringe to fill a bottle.... I got pretty much the 30ml I was after without any pressing or mushing of the leaves, which I thought would be a bad idea and might introduce 'bits' again.

and this is what I've ended up with...

View attachment 163503

It looks quite 'clean' but very dark so it's hard to see .... I'll mix some at 5% and see what it looks like then, if it looks cloudy or bitty I may need to use some kind of filter paper.

It's smells like tea.... lets see what it tastes like next.

TBC
Looking forward to the taste test

I've mixed some at 5% it's smells and looks really weak now, so not sure I'm even going to be able to taste it.

It does look cloudy and a bit frothy on top, like someone's gobbed in it, so I think it's going to need better filtering, I'll try it out anyway though. :D

I've mixed some at 5% it's smells and looks really weak now, so not sure I'm even going to be able to taste it.

It does look cloudy and a bit frothy on top, like someone's gobbed in it, so I think it's going to need better filtering, I'll try it out anyway though. :D
For my NETs, I use coffee filters, time and gravity. Gets me clean concentrate, but I have to change my cotton pretty frequently

For my NETs, I use coffee filters, time and gravity. Gets me clean concentrate, but I have to change my cotton pretty frequently

yeah makes sense, I'll pick some up tonight or tomorrow when I go shopping,

I'm gonna give this a taste now, it will prove if it's going to work or not anyway. :)

yeah makes sense, I'll pick some up tonight or tomorrow when I go shopping,

I'm gonna give this a taste now, it will prove if it's going to work or not anyway. :)
I previously had to filter some nic salt that had too much benzoic acid in it which was crystallising. The solution was to filter through some stainless steel mesh. See if I can find the gauge I used. Might be of help.
Here's the link
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/152148775897

I used #500 x 0.025mm

Last edited:
fuckin 'a ....... it worked, it tastes really good! ... no nasty stewed taste or bitterness, it tastes nice and sweet actually.

I'm getting all the taste of the tea and all the fruity notes and everything... fuck, this is great. I think a percentage or two more would be perfect, it's weird though, it's like drinking a cup of tea. :D

Last edited:
Do you make your own Nets?
Be interested how you do that.
Could you post us Apes a thread.
Cheers Jon [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom