What's new

New to box mods - no taste/burning

pilnet101

Hey all,

New planetofthevapes member here :). Would appreciate absolutely any advice here as I am a bit stuck! To stop smoking I have been using an eGo device (joyetech AIO) it's been really good apart from a few hiccups. I've recent upgraded to a box mod to try an enhance my whole vaping experience, increasing flavour, have interchangeable batteries and simply because it seems to be the next step for most people when vaping. After researching online at the best ones, I ordered the 50w jacvapor series B tilt (mouth to lung) as I liked the look/feel of the device as well as the fact it had good reviews. Even though many people have said it is easy to use etc. I feel like I've jumped in the deep end a little bit and made things unnecessarily more confusing for myself. I'm still coming to grips with PG vs VG, ohm terminology, wattage etc.

On my AIO device I am currently on 10mg and happy with that. When I ordered the series B tilt there was no 10mg, only 6 or 12 so I went for 12 not wanting to jump down the nicotine too much too fast. I also brought 5 coils at 1.5 ohm as an addition (in hindsight I should have done more research before getting these I think). I got a 80/20 pg/vg mix as when I looked online at PG vs VG PG always seemed to come out on top and again, had the better reviews of the two. My ideal vaping experience if anything would be to have more flavour than more cloud as I am not fussed about the amount of vapour produced. A little throat hit to I would find nice.

Well when I got the device I filled it up with the liquid. Stupidly I didn't prime the coil first as there was no mention of this in the instructions so I assumed for devices such as these it wasn't required. So my first vape was an awful burning taste. I tried anoyhet coil, made sure that I put a good few drops down the centre and if seemed to work better, however there wasn't much flavour at all it was quite bland and on top of this if I turned the wattage up any more than around 14, I'd be getting a horrible burnt taste again. I tried another coil, thinking this may have been a dodgy one. I primed it, left it to soak but had the same thing again. I can't go any higher than around 14 or so as I say as it's just a horrible burning taste then, but even at a lower wattage there is very little flavour and it is mostly a bland burning taste.

Sorry for rambling on, I just feel like I'm doing/not doing something here. I think I'm just more annoyed at how easy my AIO one seemed to be and how much more convoluted this now seems to be. I know I've only got myself to blame and should have looked more into it. I have done some research online, but I can't see anything related to a problem such as this. Thanks if you read this far and I'd really appreciate any advice/help at all!

Ell

Usually once you've burned a stock coil, it's burnt and you'll have that burning taste until you change it.

At 1.5ohm you want to be around 12w - I like to get to 4v and go from there.

I'd try one last coil, let it sit for about 10 minutes, give it a few short, sharp draws without firing, and go from there. Otherwise I can't see anything you're doing obviously wrong.

Hi and welcome to the Planet

ive not seen or used any of their kit or juice before so just to check first is this the kit youve got http://www.jacvapour.com/series-b-tilt-premium-tank-starter-kit

a similar tank that a lot of us use is the aspire nautilus which uses 1.6 or 1.8 coils at under 14watts so as long as you keep your 1.5 coil below 14 watts you should be ok.

BUT
just to check. is you juice 80PG as normally juice is labelled with VG first as in 20vg/80pg

i started with 100% PG juice which should work fine but if its 80VG then those coils cant take the thicker juice.
i then moved onto 50/50 mix for months.

also worth bookmarking this thread for future reference https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-trusted-e-liquid-suppliers.78467/#post858319

Thanks so much for the replies both. I've persevered a bit more and thanks are a bit more positive. I've currently got it sat on 11W (4.1v) and its definitely vapable at the moment. The taste isn't incredible but I know that could be down to it being a new liquid before, being a slightly higher mg or because it is a 80/20 PG (I've double checked the bottle and it definitely is). Im not 100% sure what they are, but I think the liquids I used in my AIO were more VG as they were a bit thicker and seem slightly different.

I may try another coil as suggested as I have cracked upped the wattage quite a bit on this one trying it out - could that have burnt the coil quicker? I've got a new some 80pg/20vg 10ml liquid at 6mg which I'd like to try (as I want to try and drop my nicotine not increase it!). When I try this what would you recommend I have my wattage set to?

MrDj that is the same setup as I've got. I guess what I'm after as well is what I could do to increase my flavour? Is there any benefit for me dropping down to 50/50? Another thing I've been told as well is that I should have a sub ohm coil (0.5) is this something I should look at getting?

Will take a look at that link now. Thanks again guys.

You don't "have to " go for a sub ohm coil, it's all about what suits your style of vaping. Also if you are using 80%pg and 12mg nicotine then don't with that combination.
Sub ohming generally requires no higher than 6mg nicotine otherwise you might be coughing your guts up. A higher vg juice will give you a smoother vape but stock coils generally don't like more than 60vg 40 pg but occasionally you can get away with 70/30 as long as you don't chain vape.

You don't "have to " go for a sub ohm coil, it's all about what suits your style of vaping. Also if you are using 80%pg and 12mg nicotine then don't with that combination.
Sub ohming generally requires no higher than 6mg nicotine otherwise you might be coughing your guts up.

I'm still using 24mg, sometimes 30mg. Tried squonking a 0.11ohm jobbie at 75 watts today. have to admit there was a little cough involved!

Back
Top Bottom