What's new

One for the vaping historians!

whirlybird

Postman
I first tried vaping (and joined the planet) in 2013, and quickly went from cigalikes up to minor mods, rebuilbables, etc - shinyitis bit deep!

Annoyingly the cancer sticks crept back up on me, so a couple of years ago when we were selling our old house most of the vaping kit got binned, although I did give a box of random bits and pieces to a friend. He's just returned them to me, and oh boy, what a trip down memory lane!

From left to right it's my circa 2012/2013 vaping journey in a picture. I'd completely forgotten about the gorgeous Kanger Protanks (what a step up from clearomisers they were!) and the shiny, shiny Vammo, gifted to me by @ZT who, along with many others here, helped me enormously back then. Thanks to them I knew exactly where to come when I decided to quit the stinkies this time!

Attachments

• PXL_20220725_134211503.jpg
    PXL_20220725_134211503.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 106
Welcome back whirlybird, you'll recognise a few faces.

Thanks for the welcome @Miss Pepper . There's certainly a few familiar faces, who don't appear to have aged one bit in the last 9 years... Either that, or they've *forgotten* to update their profile pics!

More seriously, it's been great to see so many familiar folk still here, still off the fags, and, most importantly, still cheerfully and patiently helping so many of us to get to grips with the marvellous world of vaping. Vaping has changed massively over the last 9 years, so it was such a relief to find that POTV is still here, still thriving and just as good as it ever was. You all put a phenomenal amount of your time and effort into keeping this wee corner of the internet as friendly and welcoming as it is, it's very much appreciated by me and, I'm sure, many others.

our doors are always open for past members who needed a break or fell of the wagon.
so welcome back @whirlybird

as you mentioned, it certainly was a turning point for the vaping world when the kanger subtank first came out and blew us all away. wow, what high wattage it was back then. 20-25watts was on another level. now you can quite easily get tanks and coils that can handle 150watts.

still got mine and used now and again but a bit of a faf using bottom fill now all there is is top fill.

IMG_20150730_165500.jpg

I first tried vaping (and joined the planet) in 2013, and quickly went from cigalikes up to minor mods, rebuilbables, etc - shinyitis bit deep!

Annoyingly the cancer sticks crept back up on me, so a couple of years ago when we were selling our old house most of the vaping kit got binned, although I did give a box of random bits and pieces to a friend. He's just returned them to me, and oh boy, what a trip down memory lane!

From left to right it's my circa 2012/2013 vaping journey in a picture. I'd completely forgotten about the gorgeous Kanger Protanks (what a step up from clearomisers they were!) and the shiny, shiny Vammo, gifted to me by @ZT who, along with many others here, helped me enormously back then. Thanks to them I knew exactly where to come when I decided to quit the stinkies this time!
I remember that kind of kit well!! Pro tank on a vamo always got people looking lol

Thanks for the welcome @Miss Pepper . There's certainly a few familiar faces, who don't appear to have aged one bit in the last 9 years... Either that, or they've *forgotten* to update their profile pics!

More seriously, it's been great to see so many familiar folk still here, still off the fags, and, most importantly, still cheerfully and patiently helping so many of us to get to grips with the marvellous world of vaping. Vaping has changed massively over the last 9 years, so it was such a relief to find that POTV is still here, still thriving and just as good as it ever was. You all put a phenomenal amount of your time and effort into keeping this wee corner of the internet as friendly and welcoming as it is, it's very much appreciated by me and, I'm sure, many others.
I’m back too after falling off the wagon lol but as always this group have helped me find my way round all the new kit, well not all as there is soooo much more and better xx

as you mentioned, it certainly was a turning point for the vaping world when the kanger subtank first came out and blew us all away. wow, what high wattage it was back then. 20-25watts was on another level. now you can quite easily get tanks and coils that can handle 150watts.

150 watts! What??? (or "watt"!) Mind blown!!

still got mine and used now and again but a bit of a faf using bottom fill now all there is is top fill.

Imagine how excited everyone would be back in '13 with the thought of a top fill tank! I was briefly tempted to try out one of the Kangers for old times sake, but the bottom seized on one and the coil looks well funky on the other How do you find they taste compared to modern coils?

I remember that kind of kit well!! Pro tank on a vamo always got people looking lol

Haha!! So right, even the friend I'd given the box to was fairly convinced that I'd accidentally included something of a more "personal" nature. Took him ages to pluck up the courage to ask me!!

150 watts! What??? (or "watt"!) Mind blown!!

Imagine how excited everyone would be back in '13 with the thought of a top fill tank! I was briefly tempted to try out one of the Kangers for old times sake, but the bottom seized on one and the coil looks well funky on the other How do you find they taste compared to modern coils?

since the dawn of mesh coils i think theres no comparison and todays coils are much better. but at least back then we still managed to beat the cigs with what was availaable at the time.

we did have 1 member that used to push the coil to its limit but fek knows how. trying to explain that even though most of my tanks (back then crown 1) the coils were rated upto 80watts i was quite happy vaping them at max 50w he kept asking for higher watt coils over 150w. he ended up buying the tfv8 and was vaping at over 200watts.

for me starting 2 years after you in 2015 where we went from cig a likes to egos then the first subtank at 20-25watts to 3 years later and the smok tvf8 which coils went upto 300watts.
its mind blowing.
V8-T10 Decuple 0.12 ohm (50-300w) best 130-190w
V8-T8 Octuple 0.15 ohm (50-260w) best 120-180w
V8 T6 sextuple 0.2 ohm (50-240w) best 110-150w
V8 Q4 quad 0.15 ohm (50-180w) best 90-150w
V8 X4 quad 0.15 ohm (60-150w) best 80-120w

ive still got 12 1.2ohm kanger coils left but since they changed the coil to a newer version they were not as good. im still using the subtank or the triton 2 for my manabush backy fix.

this is when they changed the coil and it went down hill. the one with the line around the coil is the original.

occ hole.JPG

since the dawn of mesh coils i think theres no comparison and todays coils are much better. but at least back then we still managed to beat the cigs with what was availaable at the time.

we did have 1 member that used to push the coil to its limit but fek knows how. trying to explain that even though most of my tanks (back then crown 1) the coils were rated upto 80watts i was quite happy vaping them at max 50w he kept asking for higher watt coils over 150w. he ended up buying the tfv8 and was vaping at over 200watts.

for me starting 2 years after you in 2015 where we went from cig a likes to egos then the first subtank at 20-25watts to 3 years later and the smok tvf8 which coils went upto 300watts.
its mind blowing.
V8-T10 Decuple 0.12 ohm (50-300w) best 130-190w
V8-T8 Octuple 0.15 ohm (50-260w) best 120-180w
V8 T6 sextuple 0.2 ohm (50-240w) best 110-150w
V8 Q4 quad 0.15 ohm (50-180w) best 90-150w
V8 X4 quad 0.15 ohm (60-150w) best 80-120w

ive still got 12 1.2ohm kanger coils left but since they changed the coil to a newer version they were not as good. im still using the subtank or the triton 2 for my manabush backy fix.

this is when they changed the coil and it went down hill. the one with the line around the coil is the original.

View attachment 283680
I used to be able to recoil and wick these in about 1 min lol probably take about 5 mins now and 2 hours to find the right pin nail to wrap around lol

Back
Top Bottom