What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

Quite often the key to finding a raison d`etre is to look who would benefit, with a truly altruistic gesture everybody benefits equally.

its smacks of an attempt to monopolise to me
That's because it is.

Trade orgs have always reminded me of the roots of trade unions - started by the mafia in 1920s US as basically protection rackets.

Part of the reason why I'm not so leftwing as I used to be, trade unions have let the masses down, in some ways they're no better than the likes of UKVIA, now i better keep my mouth shut
ninja.gif

I should probably keep my gob shut

You need to say more around the place, not less!

Vaping is not and should not be treated the same as smoking.
But vaping has far less serious bad health outcomes compared to smoking, fags freely available to buy anywhere, whilst with vape products one will have to seek an approved and licensed vendor, it's fucked up.

I used to run a bar 30 years ago so I'm well out of date of what the current rules are but I used to have a cigarette vending machine in the bar. I wasn't required to have any form of license for the machine, wasn't required to seek any permission and I didn't even need to tell anyone whatsoever. All I had to do was contact a vending machine company and ask them to install one of their cigarette machines.

Now I don't know if the rules are different now, but if people can still sell cigarettes without needing a license then surely it's an insane idea to say selling vapes should require a license when cigarette sellers need absolutely FA.

I'm fascinated to know how UKVIA feel able to justify such absurd logic.

From May 2024, this will apply to all tobacco products.

If you only sell to the public
You’ll need to register with the UK ID issuer to get an economic operator ID.

Once registered you must sign in to get:

• separate facility IDs for each premises you use to:
    • sell tobacco products to the public

• store tobacco products
  • separate facility IDs for each tobacco vending machine
If you only sell tobacco products using a vending machine, then the premises does not need a facility ID. Only the vending machine does.

Vaping is not and should not be treated the same as smoking.

Can't win though, when compared to vaping it's a good thing smoking cessation tool, when not it's a bad thing (think of the children) people that never smoked addicted to vapes and flavoured nicotine.

its smacks of an attempt to monopolise to me

Trade orgs have always reminded me of the roots of trade unions - started by the mafia in 1920s US as basically protection rackets.

I should probably keep my gob shut

Money...the root of all evil

There's a GE coming up so all the parties are really only interested in that at the mo hence their concern over the 'save the children from vaping' that has hit the media shit fan. You can only hope vaping regs and restrictions don't throw the baby out with the bath water. If that's what we get then vapers are left with taking a leaf out of the book of the likes of XR, Just Stop Oil and the courts.

Back
Top Bottom