What's new

photo's too large?

321kev123

Postman
took photos and uploaded them no probs a few weeks ago. now it says every pic is to large?

What you need is something like GIMP.

It's a free photo editor app that can resize your pics which will bring down the file size.

I'm still using a very old copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements v2 that came free with a scanner I bought over 20 years ago but it still works well enough for what I need.

This photo I resized to be 500 pixels wide at 72dpi so the file size is only 27Kb.

Delboy.jpg

oh ok thx, i'll have to go and dig out my 20 yr old nokia
Depending on the phone file sizes can be large, a quick crop will take it right down. Many of mine exceed 2MB, any crop usually reduces to at around half of the original, so I'll have to crop the original even smaller. Might be frustrating but most forums have a file size limit, because of server loads.

All you need do is upload pics to photobucket or even arse book then just clip copy on those pics then paste on here simples

As well as the Image Size, width and height, you also have to consider the image resolution in Dots per Inch, or DPI, which can make your files far larger than you need for websites.

Web photos and other on-screen graphics don't really need to go above 72 DPI. Any decent photo editor will let you change those 2 settings and also do basic cropping, then your file sizes will come right down but on-screen you won't notice any real difference in image quality.

Can also reduce MP of your phone's camera. I already turn mine down from 50 to 12 when taking photos to upload to the forum. Any further reduction needed from there is pretty minimal. I don't even bother with an app to reduce size. Just Google reduce image size and there's tons of free websites that let you upload, reduce, and download a smaller copy in a matter of seconds.

Back
Top Bottom