What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

As a slight aside... Just out of curiousity, what are the fundamental differences between an RTA such as this or the Pandora for instance and the higher end tanks like a Dvarw or Kayfun? Say, I'm quite new to this lark and never tinkered with the big lads. Are this new crop showing up the more expensive ones, proving that quality tanks can be had at a reasonable price?

Just pondering aloud.
No difference. Traditionally the high end guy's like kayfun have put in all the experimentation and research. So they have refined and defined what makes a good mtl vape.
Now others are benefiting really.
I've five kayfun lites and had four sxk clones prior and baring the lack of logo on the base and drip tip there's no difference. Zero.
Tanks like the glaz or experomizer are probably being made to a higher spec than high end ones traditionally have. So a good tank is a good tank price is irrelevant now.
I've a dvarw clone that cost me about ten quid and a genuine that cost eight times that and again, can't tell the difference in quality or specs.
It's the ralph lauren polo shirt vs Sainsbury's. Probably Sainsburys is softer and longer lasting but folks will still pay for the logo.
Definitely mattered in year's gone by quality wise but I can't honestly say it does anymore.

Cheers for that @eyeball kid. Appreciated. Yeah, just as I suspected. I'm no expert, but the first MTL RTA I got was the Glaz Mini. I bloody love it. I honestly can't see how one costing £150 could do the job any better for my needs. And the thought that has gone into the design is bloody amazing. The only other MTL tank I currently own is the Ares 2. And even with my inexperience, I can tell it falls well short of the Glaz.

Need to get a couple more tanks and a second mod soon. Costs me far more than smoking roll up's, this game. Still.... It's healthier and far more enjoyable.

Cheers for that @eyeball kid. Appreciated. Yeah, just as I suspected. I'm no expert, but the first MTL RTA I got was the Glaz Mini. I bloody love it. I honestly can't see how one costing £150 could do the job any better for my needs. And the thought that has gone into the design is bloody amazing. The only other MTL tank I currently own is the Ares 2. And even with my inexperience, I can tell it falls well short of the Glaz.

Need to get a couple more tanks and a second mod soon. Costs me far more than smoking roll up's, this game. Still.... It's healthier and far more enjoyable.
I'm all honesty you'll probably not beat the glaz. Incredible build quality as ever from steam crave (genuinely will last forever with perhaps an oring change every few years).
The costs should even themselves out. If your hunting new tanks you've fallen like us into the hobby side and that's a cost of its own.
Realistically your glaz a mod and your juice wire and wick should be all you need but we do like a new toy.
Old hippy is excellent at economic vaping. He updates when something is worth updating and his yearly costs are tiny. Something for everyone.

@eyeball kid Oh, I've definitely fallen into the hobbyist category. Without a doubt. Thing is, I love my Kroma-R and Glaz Mini set up so much, I want the same in just a different colour as a back up. It's absolutely perfect for me.

Got a bit of a windfall coming soon(compo payout), so I reckon I'll be having a decent shop out of that. Was wondering whether to get a bit of an high end set up going, but you've confirmed my thoughts there. I'd rather have a small handful of good reliable atty's and mods at a decent price than 2 expensive set up's that I'll barely use. Thing is, I enjoy building the tanks. I find it therapeutic. Now I've found what style of vaping works for me, it's so much more enjoyable. 6 months ago, I was pissing about with shit wire where I didn't even know the gauge or resistance, winding a crap coil with the most basic of tools, whacking it on an RDA which went onto a mech squonker, putting some crap cotton through it and hoping for the best. Hahaha. Mad to think how far I've come in that time.

Needless to say, the Aspire mech squonker set on fire, one night. Utter shambles.

@eyeball kid Oh, I've definitely fallen into the hobbyist category. Without a doubt. Thing is, I love my Kroma-R and Glaz Mini set up so much, I want the same in just a different colour as a back up. It's absolutely perfect for me.

Got a bit of a windfall coming soon(compo payout), so I reckon I'll be having a decent shop out of that. Was wondering whether to get a bit of an high end set up going, but you've confirmed my thoughts there. I'd rather have a small handful of good reliable atty's and mods at a decent price than 2 expensive set up's that I'll barely use. Thing is, I enjoy building the tanks. I find it therapeutic. Now I've found what style of vaping works for me, it's so much more enjoyable. 6 months ago, I was pissing about with shit wire where I didn't even know the gauge or resistance, winding a crap coil with the most basic of tools, whacking it on an RDA which went onto a mech squonker, putting some crap cotton through it and hoping for the best. Hahaha. Mad to think how far I've come in that time.

Needless to say, the Aspire mech squonker set on fire, one night. Utter shambles.
Lol. The kroma and glaz is a class combo. I was using one last night for firewater revolucion. If it had limelight and kayfun written in it the fanboys would be all over it at two hundred quid.
Don't underestimate the squonk. A mech squonker (pico squeeze) with a strike 18 rda @ less than £20 is mtl nirvana and was my weapon of choice for eighteen months before tanks improved.
Often use the little DNA based inboxes with the mulan and short cranked rda for excellent mtl vaping.
Once I've finished my last review I will sort some mtl gear your way fella. Bare with me. I'm notoriously slow but get there in the end.

Lol. The kroma and glaz is a class combo. I was using one last night for firewater revolucion. If it had limelight and kayfun written in it the fanboys would be all over it at two hundred quid.
Don't underestimate the squonk. A mech squonker (pico squeeze) with a strike 18 rda @ less than £20 is mtl nirvana and was my weapon of choice for eighteen months before tanks improved.
Often use the little DNA based inboxes with the mulan and short cranked rda for excellent mtl vaping.
Once I've finished my last review I will sort some mtl gear your way fella. Bare with me. I'm notoriously slow but get there in the end.
No need, mate. Cheers, though. Proper good of ya that.

I've since bought a Pulse squonker and RDA, but I rarely use it. I just didn't have a clue what I was doing back then. A very good mate of mine, who sadly and suddenly passed away in February, was my Vape Guru. He'd pass all the stuff he didn't want anymore on to me, bless him. And I'd look to him for advice. I now realise he didn't have a sodding clue himself. Strangely, I started taking it more seriously after his departure. Got a V3 toolkit, decent wire and wick, load of fresh batteries... Then went on to MTL as I wanted something more.... Refined, shall we say. It was then I noticed folk on here raving about the Glaz and Kroma-R. Saw them, and thought.... That's what I've been looking for. Don't like big mods.

But, yeah.... I miss me mate and I know he's watching me whenever I'm doing a build and he's proper proud. Hahaha.

As a slight aside... Just out of curiousity, what are the fundamental differences between an RTA such as this or the Pandora for instance and the higher end tanks like a Dvarw or Kayfun? Say, I'm quite new to this lark and never tinkered with the big lads. Are this new crop showing up the more expensive ones, proving that quality tanks can be had at a reasonable price?

Just pondering aloud.

Quality control and batch consistency, lower quality o rings and peek insulators, some times screws as well..... rough threading..... I have two pandora's ....both are different....i have a few evl reaper V1's and a couple of vapesnails... all are the same.

@
Quality control and batch consistency, lower quality o rings and peek insulators, some times screws as well..... rough threading..... I have two pandora's ....both are different....i have a few evl reaper V1's and a couple of vapesnails... all are the same.
Cheers.

£120 worth of difference, though?

Back
Top Bottom