What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
I pretty much picked up my vape and job done! Found it easy to swap. Fingers crossed I dont go back :)

Took me a week to get the nerve to try it. But haven't touched a rolly since the morning I walked into the shop and graped a little pen thing and some blueberry liquid

I went for 6 months+ Started like most on the CE4 clearos; looking back I'm quite impressed I actually stuck with those things for as long as I did, they're bloody awful. During that time my tobacco usage went drastically from about 40 rollies a day to 2 or 3 most days. Only really wanted a cig when I was with a particular friend who smoked, and only bought baccie once in all that time, when I got upset about the family dog dying. To be honest, I couldn't really imagine life without tobacco, but once I committed properly and got a beginner's mod, it was easy to switch. Won't be as easy to get off the nic, but I'll get there.

One evening I went to buy a pouch of tobacco because I was just about out, but I bought a Blu Pro starter kit instead. The next morning I smoked my last roll up. That was two months ago.

But I soon upgraded to a VV battery and better clearomisers, then a small 30W mod and a Nautilus Original, then a couple of Nautilus X's, then another mod with a better battery life... etc etc.

Not exactly saving money yet, but still not smoking tobacco, which is the main thing.

The second I used the 901 and the cartos took a back seat.

Haven't looked back, I did try a cig one Christmas, curiosity got the better of me, three drags later and I couldn't handle no more.

That was 6 years ago, kit has come on leaps and bounds. Barring the TPD it's much easier ( kit wise ) to kick the habit.

I did for 6 months while cutting down on ego sticks, then I got a Cloupor mini and Nautilus mini and that was it, stuck to menthol for ages before finding out that I really enjoy fruit flavours.

I've had the odd cigarette since when I've been drinking but when sober I genuinely dislike the smell of smoke now!

I'm now well over 3 years of being a non smoker and actually cannot believe I've made it this far!

I tried vaping a few years ago with those ego devices, cost £40 then, lol. Went back to smoking after a couple of weeks as was sick of the tasteless or plain nasty fluid. Then a month ago I decided to do things properly, brought a Snowwolf and a Ceravape Cerabis. Quit smoking that same day although the Cerabis was really doing my nut and dumping so much fluid I would have saved by smoking again, kept going and purchased a Uwell D1, wow, never been happier. I think if you get the right equipment it makes quitting so much easier,sadly I think many try the ego or cigalikes and think that is vaping and the experience so they walk away. The damn Cerabis nearly made me go back, although I have fixed it to some degree it's not likely to see light of day again.

I tried cigalikes but never got on with them. Once I bought a nautilus and a decent mod I stopped within 24 hours of receiving the delivery. I quickly ended up finding my way to sub-ohm tanks and then on to drippers, but haven't touched a cigarette in 21 months :)

Many say they stopped smoking the very day they started vaping,how long did it take you?
That's exactly what happened. Tho the first device was a 5 watt bag of shite it gave me the clue that vaping was a serious alternative to smoking. I bought an eleaf istick and an aspire mini first and had that for about an hour before I chucked my baccy in the bin. Not smoked since :)

Back
Top Bottom