What's new

Reading wrong ohms

Joe Boeleg

Hallo, so I own a Wismec RX Gen 3 Dual battery version, and the problem is that my mod is reading wrong ohm's with my SMOK Prince tank and Freemax Fireluke 2 tank. Whenever I put my Drop Dead RDA on it is reading correctly at 0.2 ohms. The current tank I'm using is a Freemax Fireluke 2 tank and the coil I have in there is 0.2 ohms, but the problem is sometimes it is reading at 0.26 ohms, sometimes 0.28 or even 0.3 ohms. What could be the cause of the issue? I have tightened the screws on the battery door and that did not fix it... Please note that when I put my Drop Dead RDA the ohms are read correctly.

Its not normal to have a 0.05 or even a 0.1 difference
With stock coils on a regulated it's quite normal. What's marked on the coil is a guideline resistance. Resistance will also change as coil heats/cools, more so on SS/TC only wires.

No what I mean is sometimes when I turn the device on, even if it's cool there is difference in resistance for up to 0.1 max as I saw

@Joe Boeleg you said it ranges between 0.26 and 0.30, that’s only 0.04 of a difference, not 0.1 as you say. That’s not much difference I would say don’t worry too much. As others have mentioned slight variation is normal and happens for reasons.

Don't worry about bawhair differences.....if it's fanny hairs be concerned:)

No, if i said it ranges from 0.26 to 0.3 than its my typing mistake. My coil is 0.2 ohm and this morning my mod read it at 0.31 ohms and i do not think that is normal lol

If the mod reads the Drop Dead right the issue is with the tanks. Ensure the 510 pin is clean & hasn't been pushed back into the attie too far. The connection between coil & tank should also be checked. Not certain on the mod itself but if it has the option to lock the resistance do it.

Nvm I found out that the mod is acting gay (no offence to gay people), I screwed all the tanks on my SMOK H Priv mini mod and everything is being read correctly. So I guess Wismec is back at it again with the low quality 510 pins, chips or even whole mods haha :D

Back
Top Bottom