What's new

Should we be encouraging this?

Non replaceable coil pods are far from ideal but they aren't as wasteful as people make out, when you examine the construction of these pods they are far less complex to produce than a stock coil and I suspect much less manufacturing total energy needed.

It's difficult to quantify the waste, mixed materials etc. and obviously plastic is lighter than metal, without going too deep it's worth considering the carbon footprint of producing these materials and how or IF they are actually recycled or if they are made from recycled materials.

Empty 10ml bottle = 6g (including lid)
Smok ACRO fixed coil pod = 8g (including metal base & coil)
5 pack of EZ pod coils = 33g (including packaging)
IVG disposable vape = 21g (including battery)

Fully disposable vapes are the worst offender by far as that's once a day waste, in principle I totally agree that these are the worst way of vaping for the environment but equally I am not blinkered as to not see that they exist as a choice and offer the simplest way to vape.

If I was going to give myself a hard time of lobbing an 8g pod away every fortnight then I'm in for a world of pain as I go through all the other waste I produce, one look in my 'recycle' bin is enough let alone all the landfill in my wheelie bin, then all the rest of the carbon footprint to freak out about.

(for the record I only vape DIY coils and wicks other than review stuff)
Standard replaceable pods systems dont really bother me tbh - its full disposables i am extremely opposed too.

Non replaceable coil pods are far from ideal but they aren't as wasteful as people make out, when you examine the construction of these pods they are far less complex to produce than a stock coil and I suspect much less manufacturing total energy needed.

It's difficult to quantify the waste, mixed materials etc. and obviously plastic is lighter than metal, without going too deep it's worth considering the carbon footprint of producing these materials and how or IF they are actually recycled or if they are made from recycled materials.

Empty 10ml bottle = 6g (including lid)
Smok ACRO fixed coil pod = 8g (including metal base & coil)
5 pack of EZ pod coils = 33g (including packaging)
IVG disposable vape = 21g (including battery)

Fully disposable vapes are the worst offender by far as that's once a day waste, in principle I totally agree that these are the worst way of vaping for the environment but equally I am not blinkered as to not see that they exist as a choice and offer the simplest way to vape.

If I was going to give myself a hard time of lobbing an 8g pod away every fortnight then I'm in for a world of pain as I go through all the other waste I produce, one look in my 'recycle' bin is enough let alone all the landfill in my wheelie bin, then all the rest of the carbon footprint to freak out about.

(for the record I only vape DIY coils and wicks other than review stuff)

100% agree with u, you have put that very well indeed mate.

I really am not keen on fully disposable vape devices at all and would always recommend a pod kit with built-in coils or replacement coils over a disposable kit personally.

But as reviewers we have to review all type of devices, at least we are providing honest feedback and are now including recycling options.......onwards and upwards!

:angrymob:

is that really the case? there wouldn’t be any time that you might exercise any discretion?

Trust me most of us don't want to review them but its a vaping product and we should review all types across the vaping world.
Isn't that the whole point that we review the good, the bad and ugly? Unfortunately we dont always get to review the best kits out there.

We have had this argument over and over again. We have explained many times and tbh im done

Trust me most of us don't want to review them but its a vaping product and we should review all types across the vaping world.
Isn't that the whole point that we review the good, the bad and ugly? Unfortunately we dont always get to review the best kits out there.

We have had this argument over and over again. We have explained many times and tbh im done

i don’t think we’ve ever had this argument. you might confusing me with somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom