What's new

Smok Upgrade Tool Issues

zoidbe

HI!
Just got a new XCube Mini with firmware 1.0.2, smok has a newer version out but every time I run the tool, it just says "Get New Version Failed!", tried running as admin and multiple system restarts but still not working. Anyone encountered a similar issue and know what to do?? Cheers!

HI!
Just got a new XCube Mini with firmware 1.0.2, smok has a newer version out but every time I run the tool, it just says "Get New Version Failed!", tried running as admin and multiple system restarts but still not working. Anyone encountered a similar issue and know what to do?? Cheers!
Are you holding down the fire button the whole time it's plugged in to the computer?

Are you holding down the fire button the whole time it's plugged in to the computer?
It's not even getting to that point in the upgrade process. It's failing at the first step, when trying to check what the latest firmware is! This is what happens after clicking the check new version:
Capture.PNG

Just done a few more things to try and diagnose. Tried on another windows 10 computer and tried with compatibility settings, still no luck. I'm guessing it's Smok's problem, can anyone download the software and see if they get the same issue! Also tried disabling all my firewalls, which weirdly made the software crash for a few seconds then the same error, however I do now have a json.info file in the file directory which contains:
‹ nˆ ÿœ‘MŽÔ0…÷ÃëŽãg’ôeZ»¦cÚ?ÿÄ¡G³GHHHl‘8 ·9N£Ä‚
ÞùÙõÞûTD8‰äØ°ýˆ„äøH”$GÒÝ!ôˆÀ¿käÀ‘óqâä@„Gˆ(OË,
|d´y;HZä?ß”]Aïæ÷ ¾Þoý]Áe«ÈSòº”˜c\ŽuÝoïÄôž
gZzeô¬'ú ¬JBÚ]¬ï•7<†:…©~‰í{Öó«_x×u¸š‡g.6OgÜ
Ê9)‰‡åœi0îQÌ7÷ÙE‹9Ô‹w2‰êiÂ*fW½$Wi9{XÝ‹±‹ð¿eôCÓñQ^†6à¢ÛM¹4º[;ÛlúbE”³%«aÝXùdÁ”Õ’mm
y:ƒ!ÀyWž¿|úñýëó‡Ï??~#Oo~ ÿÿ >aØ

Had the same problem follow this and it will work, the link on the mini page is the old software. :banghead:

Be warned when you switch on after the upgrade it goes directly into TC mode.....

Dears i had smok xcube BT50 limited edition , and i had tried to upgrade it but now its not working

should I bother upgrading? There's a new version which 1.3.2 now. I dont have any issues should I bother? I am on 1.2.1

The new upgrade provides an extra display when you attach the tank showing the old ohms reading and the new one. I dont use TC so dont know how it differs

I have been seeing if anything else has improved. I could be wrong but it seems battery life has been improved slightly. Oh and it resets your puff counter.

Back
Top Bottom