What's new

Teeth problems when vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there around 4 months ago i finally bit the bullet and went to the dentist after years of avoiding the issue. I had 17 fillings and 2 extractions in total. I had just converted from smoking to vaping just before.

Everything healed fine and i was vaping as normal. Now fast forward 4 months and i cant seem to vape at the moment, that being said i went to the dentist today and they drilled out one of my fillings and refilled it, that was only today. But every time i now use my vape even the slightest drag it feels like the vape sending horrific pain all over the left side of my mouth. Upper and lower. The pain only comes when vaping, i can drink cold water and eat hot food and it does not affect my teeth.

I am still addicted to nicotine, so i am quite tempted to buy a packet of cigarettes to see if that causes the same shooting pain that does not subside for a while, but i have really done well to kick the habit and would hate to give in now.

I am interested to know if anyone else has experienced this? I have tried different liquids, but it appears as soon as the vape is inhaled the shooting pain starts.

The reason i went to the dentist today was because this shooting pain had started, but it was about 25% severe as it is today so i wish i never went to the dentist!!

Any advise or tips would be hugely appreciated

Kind regards
Dan
Hi there around 4 months ago i finally bit the bullet and went to the dentist after years of avoiding the issue. I had 17 fillings and 2 extractions in total. I had just converted from smoking to vaping just before.

Everything healed fine and i was vaping as normal. Now fast forward 4 months and i cant seem to vape at the moment, that being said i went to the dentist today and they drilled out one of my fillings and refilled it, that was only today. But every time i now use my vape even the slightest drag it feels like the vape sending horrific pain all over the left side of my mouth. Upper and lower. The pain only comes when vaping, i can drink cold water and eat hot food and it does not affect my teeth.

I am still addicted to nicotine, so i am quite tempted to buy a packet of cigarettes to see if that causes the same shooting pain that does not subside for a while, but i have really done well to kick the habit and would hate to give in now.

I am interested to know if anyone else has experienced this? I have tried different liquids, but it appears as soon as the vape is inhaled the shooting pain starts.

The reason i went to the dentist today was because this shooting pain had started, but it was about 25% severe as it is today so i wish i never went to the dentist!!

Any advise or tips would be hugely appreciated

Kind regards
Dan
imagesTXIO7DWV.jpg
200w (8).gif

I see it's been a while, but I would like to add my two cents. It's possible that the pain you're experiencing when vaping could be related to the recent dental work you had done. It's not okay for teeth to feel sensitive or painful after fillings or extractions, and this sensitivity can be exacerbated by certain foods or substances, like nicotine. I would recommend talking to your dentist about your symptoms and asking if they have any recommendations for managing the pain while you vape. You can also consider invisalign preferred provider for your teeth to have another protective layer. Hope that helps

I see it's been a while, but I would like to add my two cents. It's possible that the pain you're experiencing when vaping could be related to the recent dental work you had done. It's not okay for teeth to feel sensitive or painful after fillings or extractions, and this sensitivity can be exacerbated by certain foods or substances, like nicotine. I would recommend talking to your dentist about your symptoms and asking if they have any recommendations for managing the pain while you vape. You can also consider invisalign preferred provider for your teeth to have another protective layer. Hope that helps
I had an erection whilst having my teeth cleaned. Do you think my vape could have caused this? It was a dark custard juice.
My dental hygienist was naked at the time, in case that could have had an effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom