What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

I agree, that Tip isn't what I like, so I have a Vince Tip in mine.
I have a 2.5mm 1.4ohm build in mine and it's going beautifully.:2thumbsup:

I agree, that Tip isn't what I like, so I have a Vince Tip in mine.
I have a 2.5mm 1.4ohm build in mine and it's going beautifully.:2thumbsup:

Excellent! Yeah, I'm at 1 ohm on it & I think I need to up it for my liking, need to swap out that drip tip too, ta, cheers pal!

@johnnyace .....so you got your corolla in then? How are you finding it compared to the KF3 or Taifun?

I did mate, came Friday, set it up yesterday, I've got a 1 ohm build in there, which is a little lower than my usual 1.2, but I have to say I am liking it, it's not on par with the mini or Taifun for flavour though but I don't feel I can judge like for like

I didn't get the SXK version but the airflow's off, it's supposed to lined up for one or two airholes open but my options are 1.5 or 1 & a bit airholes open but it's fine. Looks wise it's very nice have it on the Pico with a red case. I ordered the blue version yesterday so I can see if it's duff or they'll all like it. I'll get a pic up later

I'm a bit late to the thread but found it when surfing for MTL discussions. My own experience is a return to MTL vaping for a multitude of reasons. I tried many of the sub-ohm tanks and now treat sub-ohm/DL type vaping with an extreme rarity.

My go to MTL tanks are:
  • Squape R(s) - I own 1 authentic and 3 SXK clones, which are almost 1:1, with ceramic decks, etc.
  • Hurricane - FT clone of which I own 2
  • Magma RDA - 2 Tobecco clones
These 3 never disappoint, though I find myself reaching for the Hurricane more often for the reasons of filling, looks and a bit more flavor (maybe?).

I have the following en route:
  • Gem V1 - clone
  • Kayfun Mini V3 Plus - FT clone
  • Pico - FT clone
  • Kayfun Mini V3 - FT clone

This is a great conversation and glad to be a part of it!

Last edited:
Here's a look at the Corolla @gabianovape87 May look dorky to some but I think that's a smart looking setup

Corolla.jpg

& I've brought this little beauty back out where she's going to stay!

Taifun.jpg

Got the Pico cleaned & recoiled at 1.5 ohms with a smaller bore drip tip (even though it's blue :D) & that's more my style now, just have to wait on the white drip tip to arrive

Had a good session today, have 4 tanks out now that I'm happy with, the above 3 & a KF Mini

I dug out my old KFL today. I coiled it (1 ohm SS), wicked it, stuck some 12mg juice in it and took a vape. Wow. This is still one of the best MTL vapes there is, even after all this time.

I dug out my old KFL today. I coiled it (1 ohm SS), wicked it, stuck some 12mg juice in it and took a vape. Wow. This is still one of the best MTL vapes there is, even after all this time.

Truth. Still my go to tank. Simple, to the point, and just flipping works [emoji1]

I've vaped nothing in 4 months but a kfl , recently a corolla, but kfls are indeed the bomb ( i think is the saying)

I have my Pico running 2.5mm coil at around 1.4 ohms as well, with the wick split so two thirds is tucked in (like the m-wick) and the top third is poking out the top of the holes and a couple of mm into the tank. Lovely.

I think it's my Pico-S that's keeping @Rob awake. I've yet to manage to get it to hold a tank of juice without most of it ending up running down my mod. I think I may have gotten a dud, or irreversibly damaged it. :(

I have had to reconsider my purchase of the new KF5 after watching P Busardos review. I have plenty of tanks for direct lung and I use my KF3 for a restricted lung pull but if its more open than that on its lowest I may just stick to a clone to test it out. My direction is definitely less not more so will have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom