What's new

These batteries are totally worth it.

Ah, just cleared out my pm's as I'd used up my capacity. Must have missed it.

I'm thinking of using my new cells in a box mod. Wired up in parallel they should provide plenty of oomph for pretty much anything. I'm thinking something in wood with a heavy duty switch. It's a project for the new year I suppose.

Realistically, if you get the 30amps the only benefit to running in parallel would be the higher mAh... ampage wise, you'll never reach 30 if you're not a total nut case running 5mm air holes :P

@Vern

Been and had another hunt through my electrical odds n sods box where I finally located a switch that laughs at the meagre amperage available.Looks really shit and likely to catch on pockets/eyeballs etc so added another on/off switch to turn the fecker off in transit.Quite surprised that voltage drop isn't much worse than the 0.7 v I'm getting with the extra switch,but hey...it only has to work for a few days/weeks longer (slow boat from China mech) DSC_0133.jpg

Last edited:
thats the ticket! impressive bit of bodgery going on there..!!

Realistically, if you get the 30amps the only benefit to running in parallel would be the higher mAh... ampage wise, you'll never reach 30 if you're not a total nut case running 5mm air holes :P

It was the extra capacity I was thinking of really. It's not often I coil below 1.2 but even a 1.2 ohm coil flattens an 18650 reasonably quickly. It all depends what I can find in the way of boxes and battery holders as to what I try to build.

Good stuff Raguri it's well cloudy I was dripping with mine as well can't get a safety fuse in with them though in my m16 so I'm not goin under 0.8 till my nem gets here

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Good stuff @Raguri it's well cloudy I was dripping with mine as well can't get a safety fuse in with them though in my m16 so I'm not goin under 0.8 till my nem gets here

I've modified my fuse a little bit... Y'know the nipple top on it? Well... I may have sanded that down about 1mm which seems to help things quite a lot :D
Just wish these batteries were flat tops! That's my only complaint.

I was thinking see the button it looks like that's stuck on I wonder if it could be removed Raguri

I was thinking see the button it looks like that's stuck on I wonder if it could be removed @Raguri

Maybe with heat. But, to be honest... The idea of fiddling with 30amp batteries scares the living daylights out of me :P

I try my hardest :D
Still not even straining the batteries... To them, this is a walk in the park. :O

I want my w3 already... Will be ordered on Monday! Along with more wicking material...

I started to try to do four micros on my W3 tonight but I'm tired, it was fiddly and I got annoyed.

Was aiming for four 3ohm coils, I don't go below .6 as the batteries won't take it and I err on the side of caution. I need to buy me something good to stick inside a mod.

Back
Top Bottom