What's new

Ceramic Coils Help Please?

Hi all, So take 2 at quitting smoking. I have a Vaporesso Target Mini with the Gaurdian Tank. Smoking MTL at 12w 2.8v ish 0.5ohm. I'm really enjoying BUT I'm reading a lot of bad reviews about the ceramic coils be harmful is this true? Should I change my set up? Thanks

I guess from all the controversy those coils gone to landfill losing all the benefits you invested in.

Let me know how you got on

Cheers dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess from all the controversy those coils gone to landfill losing all the benefits you invested in.

Let me know how you got on

Cheers dude.

It's unlikely you'll hear from him, he hasn't even visited since July 3rd 2019.

Chances are the coils have been binned whether used or not...

Yippee, parcels arrived this morning:

a pack of 5 0.5ohm Ceramic EUC (SS316) coils though I can’t try them yet until a compatible tank turns up.
Disappointingly there is no advice on how to avoid any issues with these accompanied in the packaging.
The wick holes are noticeably large at 4mm diameter and recommended temperature range 20-35W.
These are RDL coils but am going to try them mtl in TC mode and compare them to the accurate mtl 1.0 ohm ceramic (Kanthal) coil included with the tank.

I have no dog in this fight either. When combined with say the voopoo or vaporesso board's in mod or pod form I'm happy to crack on.
the dice have already been thrown just vaping. When smoking I knew the game was already loaded and as far as I can reasonably assess I'm minimising my health risk by vaping over smoking and try to keep informed of new developments but that's as much as we can do really. Ideally I'd not vape but I'm locked in a house watching bloody Grey's anatomy. Without this nanabhozo there could be bloodshed.

Have you seen this:

Finally, new products are emerging like coil-less solutions for atomizers, half way between ceramic-glazed wires and the metal alloy. It is the case of the Yihi’s SX Pure whose longevity exceeds 2 months, according the manufacturer, for an intermediate price between microporous and glazed wires. The tolerance of such a coil-less heating element to high temperature allows pyrolysis and self-cleaning properties, according to its manufacturer.

Extract from the year 2016:

https://www.vapingpost.com/2016/10/04/ceramic-coils-advantages-and-disadvantages/

And now in 2019:

https://originvape.com/blogs/vapinginfo/understanding-yihi-s-new-sx-pure-technology

upload_2020-3-30_20-37-22.jpeg

https://originvape.com/products/yih...dripping-tank-atomizer?variant=23343531524160

What relevance does that have to ceramic coils?
Apparently they don’t have any coils in the traditional sense with all the benefits of the ceramic’s

Making sure eyeball Kid Is abreast of new developments,

Apparently they don’t have any coils in the traditional sense with all the benefits of the ceramic’s

The tank you linked is pretty much a traditional rdta that you fit your own coil and wick into... I suggest you read the description.

To be frank though, I see absolutely zero benefit to ceramic coils and I'm utterly bored of the entire subject, so I'll not be replying further.

Back
Top Bottom