What's new

Titanium is so much better than nickel

I've been using these titanium coils solidly for a few days now and they look brand new still. They are definitely a lot more resistant to gunk build up than nickel or kanthal.

I'm getting an extremely good vape with titanium. Much better than anything else out there, its one of those rare win-win-win situations.

If you are still using nickel, stop and get yourself a roll of this beautiful stuff.

Same sort of thickness and ohm as kanthal ?

Same sort of thickness and ohm as kanthal ?

It's the same sort of thickness yes. It is lower ohm but it is irrelevant really as temp control mods read down to like 0.05

I just build the coils the exact same way/size/wraps etc as I do kanthal, it really is easy. Just don't dry burn them.

Grab yourself some 26AWG (0.4) titanium and work away. Its a versatile enough thickness that you can do pretty much build with it. If you want truly ridiculous clouds get 22/24.

Saying that, I get big big clouds with 26, when I want them.

It's the same sort of thickness yes. It is lower ohm but it is irrelevant really as temp control mods read down to like 0.05

I just build the coils the exact same way/size/wraps etc as I do kanthal, it really is easy. Just don't dry burn them.

Grab yourself some 26AWG (0.4) titanium and work away. Its a versatile enough thickness that you can do pretty much build with it. If you want truly ridiculous clouds get 22/24.

Saying that, I get big big clouds with 26, when I want them.

Might buy a few rolls of each :-)

I'm enjoying my Ti builds and the whole TC thing. Not tried Ni200 so can't compare them. I did lower my watts to 20 and then noticed I was not getting to temp so raised it to 35W and it was fine. I don't have a problem with it being too springy.

How accurate are the devices to start with? That's what I've been wondering anyway.

I'm trying an experiment this week. Basically I've bought some 0,15ohm 5w resistors

5 X RESISTOR, PRECISION, 0.15 OHM 1% Part # VISHAY DALE LVR05R1500FE73 | eBay

It's to test our ohm readers mainly as I've noticed that some of the mass produced ohm readers are deliberately set low to account for rubbish connectors and solder joints. We've pulled the cheap resistance meters for this reason and are just going to sell the pretty ones we make.

So I'm going to pull apart an old carto and solder the resistor in so that *should* give me a nice benchmark reading.

It'll be interesting to set a mod at 5w or below so it doesn't kill the resistor and put one on a mod. For those mods that don't go as low as 5w it's possible that a quick tap of the fire button won't generate enough heat to pop the resistor.

If you guys want me to make an extra couple and do a send to the next person on the list type of thing I can arrange that.

Having seen first hand how much a single solder joint can throw out a TP device and with knowledge that manufacturers offset ohm readers I think there might be some surprises.

How accurate are the devices to start with? That's what I've been wondering anyway.

I'm trying an experiment this week. Basically I've bought some 0,15ohm 5w resistors

5 X RESISTOR, PRECISION, 0.15 OHM 1% Part # VISHAY DALE LVR05R1500FE73 | eBay

It's to test our ohm readers mainly as I've noticed that some of the mass produced ohm readers are deliberately set low to account for rubbish connectors and solder joints. We've pulled the cheap resistance meters for this reason and are just going to sell the pretty ones we make.

So I'm going to pull apart an old carto and solder the resistor in so that *should* give me a nice benchmark reading.

It'll be interesting to set a mod at 5w or below so it doesn't kill the resistor and put one on a mod. For those mods that don't go as low as 5w it's possible that a quick tap of the fire button won't generate enough heat to pop the resistor.

If you guys want me to make an extra couple and do a send to the next person on the list type of thing I can arrange that.

Having seen first hand how much a single solder joint can throw out a TP device and with knowledge that manufacturers offset ohm readers I think there might be some surprises.

I'm interested in seeing the results.

I swear the DNA200 is pretty much built for titanium wire. Why on earth would anyone need up to 200W ramp up power with nickel wire?

I can't imagine a DNA200 would have any real benefit over an rDNA40 if you are using nickel wire. I am sure 90% of users will just stick with nickel anyway.

Titanium wire is vaping's best kept secret to be honest. I am surprised it hasn't taken off more rapidly.

I've just received some Ti wire so will be doing a build on my Velocity in a bit.

Have to give a huge shout out to stealthvape as I'd ordered some 26 gauge but received 24 instead. Messaged to let them know but that it wasn't an issue as I can still use the 24 gauge. Received some emails shortly after, one of which was a despatch notification for some 26 gauge and another from Rob apologising for the mix up and that they were sending me out the 26 and that I could keep the 24.

Absolutely first class customer service and I'm really impressed.

I did a twisted 26gauge , 6 wraps dual coil reads 0.08 and it is bloody fanfuckingtastic ( Scouse the language- not too lady like) heaps of flavour, clouds and... Well wow!

Will definitely stay with ti now

Back
Top Bottom