What's new

Another thread about cleito problems, apologies

Why is there no clear answer to Cleito issues? Ive looked on web n most recommend loosen the top cap and use pin to put holes in cotton.

Ive been loosening the cap n that helps a bit but surely thats not standard operation for the tank. Is there a right way up for the glass?

Ive done the holes in the cotton and that worked better for flavour but just spitting all the time so changed coil.

Was really looking forward to Cleito but has been a big let down.

Ive used different juices mostly 70/30, wicked properly, let juice soak up for ages, started low on watts n slowly ramped up and cleaned the tank several times.

Why do people respond and say they dont have an issue with theirs. Great but i hav as op so some solutions please

One pretty annoyed Cleito user!

ya i read somewhere that its related to the bottom o ring and if you take it completely apart, clean it really well and replace that with one of the spares it fixed it but... i havent tried it yet. i will be once this coil is done before i put a new one in. i suspect that that MAY actually work bc so far i have had trouble getting the glass off so i suspect that is sealed incorrectly and causing the issue

Is this the bottom o ring? If so i dont think i hav a spare or would b able to get this off.....
20170525_221801.jpg

SO i went back to the ship with the cleito having the vapour lock problems today. The guys weren't quite sure how to fix it tbh but one of them primed a coil with a 50/50 juice and the coil didn't seem to burn during priming. I've got it now at 40w and will vape for a few days to see what happens ie. see if the vapour lock returns and see how long the coil lasts. I'm also a little worried that the 50/50 will leak in the cleito so watching out for that. Perhaps the ideal solution from their point of view was to prime with 50/50 then flush it out and run the higher vg liquid.

Also the top is screwed on much less tight this time. Before unscrewing the top didn't help with the coil was already fucked but it might have helped with the priming process this time having it looser. I'm just not sure.

Reading your latest post reminds me that I had an issue with mine that, while not the same as yours, was a little similar.

My top cap would just not come off. Like it was locked on. The flavour also went away a bit when this happened but I wasn't getting dry hits. I had to use pliers to get the top off two or three times till I stupidly broke the glass one time and had to replace it with the spare.

Keeping the top a lot looser has fixed it for me. I basically just twist it till I feel a little resistance and then leave it alone. I don't try to get it on tight like I used to.

Dunno if this will help at all but you may have sorted anyway.

yup, oh and hey guys on a whim i tried using one of those "cuffs" that it comes with, they are tight enough that they help seal the top without over tightening it and REALLY do help reduce the heat on the mouthpiece bc the extra surface area helps spread the heat around. what i did was take the drip tip off, put the cuff on, then put tip back on, give like an extra mm or 2 on the height of the drip tip and helps disperse the heat...worth trying out if you dont like burning your lips :)

ya i read somewhere that its related to the bottom o ring and if you take it completely apart, clean it really well and replace that with one of the spares it fixed it but... i havent tried it yet. i will be once this coil is done before i put a new one in. i suspect that that MAY actually work bc so far i have had trouble getting the glass off so i suspect that is sealed incorrectly and causing the issue
Did you find a spare bottom o ring?

Ive tried loosening the top but dont think this should be the case.

Ive got my Aspire k4 quick start kit today so gonna test the Cleito that comes with it....

SO i went back to the ship with the cleito having the vapour lock problems today. The guys weren't quite sure how to fix it tbh but one of them primed a coil with a 50/50 juice and the coil didn't seem to burn during priming. I've got it now at 40w and will vape for a few days to see what happens ie. see if the vapour lock returns and see how long the coil lasts. I'm also a little worried that the 50/50 will leak in the cleito so watching out for that. Perhaps the ideal solution from their point of view was to prime with 50/50 then flush it out and run the higher vg liquid.

Also the top is screwed on much less tight this time. Before unscrewing the top didn't help with the coil was already fucked but it might have helped with the priming process this time having it looser. I'm just not sure.

How's it going with the locked Cleito @change_places?
Don't worry about the PG/VG ratio of the juice too much, the stock Cleito coils should handle 50/50 with no issues. About the top...avoid overtightening it, not tight enough is better than overtight. When you tighten things too much in your tank you run the risk of deforming and damaging O-rings and rubber seals, this can causes probs in itself, but with the Cleito the top screws directly onto the top of the coil. So overtighten the top and you're tightening the coil furthermore. When you come to unscrew the top it's possible to end up loosening the coil too which opens you up to the possibility of leaks. I've had a full tank unload itself into my lap coz I wasn't paying attention when I unscrewed the top to refill. Was just filling up, watching telly...and didn't notice that juice was just peeing out all over the place ;)
Let us know how you're getting on anyway :)

Did you find a spare bottom o ring?

Ive tried loosening the top but dont think this should be the case.

Ive got my Aspire k4 quick start kit today so gonna test the Cleito that comes with it....

unfortunately i did NOT find a spare ring, as soon as i A) have my new coils in hand and B) use this coil up im gonna do a full break-downand clean everything and put it all back together it could just be someone at the MFG plant put something in wrong or something too, worst case i still have my baby beast tank and some coils for it, but i really do like this tank and dont want to be forced to stop using it. keeping the top less tight has really helped alot by itself though

Back
Top Bottom