What's new

DNA40 Can I use stainless wire?

G-BAD

Postman
I have recently got a DNA40 device that was too pretty to turn down. I use stainless wire, would I be able to use this mod successfully with stainless?
20170110_191254.jpg

If you're using it in power mode then it's a straight forward plug and play type thing, however if you're wanting to use TC then you may have problems as the resistance change on SS316L is pretty low - In fact According to Steam Engine the closest equivalent setting is to set an Indicated temp of 100c giving a coil temp of around 404c, making TC more or less impossible with SS wire on the DNA40, if you're really lucky you might get to pick up a DNA60 chip that you can retrofit to the mod which will give you all the modern TC features of Evolv bords but in a DNA40 compatible size...

I'll have to have a look at the DNA60 chip. These are produced with Dicodes chips on the newer versions. I was thinking of finding out if it was difficult to upgrade. Thanks for your reply.

I use SS with my DNA 40s but in power mode. However you need to completely turn off the temp option as it tries to go into temp mode & goes wild.

Yes only got it tonight and not really at one with the controls. Its in temp mode:12:

If you turn the temp up to the 600f & then carry on it disables the temp mode.

Back
Top Bottom