What's new

Do I have a Kangertech subtank clone?

damo8604

Initiate
I bought an ileaf istick 30w & Kanger subtank mini from someone, it was advertised as genuine and I have no reason to believe it was a clone.

However...... upon comparing it to my genuine subtank purchased from a B&M vendor it looks slightly different, the Kangertech logo is slightly smaller, the air control is just one slot as opposed to two and the 'grippy bits' on the airflow ring are slightly longer.....

Have I bought a clone? I'm not sure about the istick now as the oled is a bit wonky, there was no authenticity thing to check either.

I am pleased with the way it vapes, don't get me wrong just a bit disappointed my purchase might not be worth what I paid.

The Red subtank is my authentic one

Attachments

• IMAG0647.jpg
    IMAG0647.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0648.jpg
    IMAG0648.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0649.jpg
    IMAG0649.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 50
Kanger have changed the air flow....i believe the 2 slot was is the latest edition...i recently bought a new airflow base which had a different size slot and 'grippy things'

Phew....... didn't want to start slinging accusations

Case closed!

I can't comment on the istick though but i do know there are issues with the authenticity check due to contracts with certain vendors for resale so maybe it was bought from a 'non authorised' vendor...ive read on here that by no means its a clone but just a technical selling thing.
Maybe someone with better info can confirm this?

I can't comment on the istick though but i do know there are issues with the authenticity check due to contracts with certain vendors for resale so maybe it was bought from a 'non authorised' vendor...ive read on here that by no means its a clone but just a technical selling thing.
Maybe someone with better info can confirm this?

Pretty much bang on

Totally Wicked have the sole UK rights to the iStick or 'Curve' as they renamed it.

Which means nobody else in the UK technically should have iSticks for sale.

Now to get around this, the distributors in China, simply remove the authenticity so it's not traceable back to who sold it. (Not always the case of removal, but normally so)

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom