What's new

Has squonking been a revelation for you?

I liked squonking with the very couple of mods I had but they didn't hold up well against my mechs and unregulated mods very well, so never really got into it

Then after seeing the hoards of mech squonks around that seemed to be the same I grabbed a cheap clone, and while it was OK it hit weak, so I upgraded the 510, shoved in new silver contacts and decided I really liked Squonkers.

Then I got the sumac doe, and it's all I use now, though I'm out of my favorite juice now so it might sadly take a rest until I replenish my supplies

For me yes, I wanted to get into rebuilables and bought quite a few rta's in the hope of forcing myself to learn but kept going back to my cleito set up using stock coils in fact most of my rta's are still sealed and in a box somewhere!
I could never see the point of a dripper personally as I need some form of juice capacity.

Thent got hold of a beat up squonker to try and using the same juice it blew my doors off the flavour was so much better.

Still struggle with my lips getting hot using dual coil rdas and then the pulse bf came out now I'm totally loving it using single coils.

I've gone from having 1 set up to 5 or 6 regulated squonk set ups now

For me yes, I wanted to get into rebuilables and bought quite a few rta's in the hope of forcing myself to learn but kept going back to my cleito set up using stock coils in fact most of my rta's are still sealed and in a box somewhere!
I could never see the point of a dripper personally as I need some form of juice capacity.

Thent got hold of a beat up squonker to try and using the same juice it blew my doors off the flavour was so much better.

Still struggle with my lips getting hot using dual coil rdas and then the pulse bf came out now I'm totally loving it using single coils.

I've gone from having 1 set up to 5 or 6 regulated squonk set ups now
look them out and get them in the classies, i love a good RTA

Im a lazy fat chunt so mech squonkers are where its at for me personally. Still got lots of none squonky gear which I'll always hang on to, but its not getting any use right now.

I'm not sure revelation is quite the word, I have for a while quite enjoyed a session with a dripper but I just couldn't make the jump permanently as it was too much of a pain in the arse to keep dripping, and definitely not practical for work or driving, squonking made using a dripper effortless, and being that there seems to be more mech squonkers available than regulated, has got me back in touch with the joy of using and building for a mech, all my squonkers are mechs. Now hand in glove with this was my introduction to Ni80 flat wire, that was a revelation.

For me, squonking made it more practical to drip when out and about . When at home I still enjoy the whole setting up of my dripper on a night. You've got nothing to lose in trying.

I was a big fan of cloudy rda's like Goon etc but soon got tired of charging batteries and burning through 30ml a day of juice. RTA's were fiddly and often leaky for me.

I picked up a Coppervape squonker but was very worried I would struggle with low wattage and single battery....I was wrong the portability and practicality of carrying everything in one neat package won me over.

My next quest was to find a way of reducing battery/juice consumption so that I could last a day on a single battery/bottle, it was so liberating to be able to leave the house without a ton of vape peripherals.

I'm hooked now I rarely use anything else apart from a big dripper on a duel mod for a few cloudy blasts in the evening at home.

There is something beautiful about the raw simplicity of a mech squonk mod with a well built, efficient RDA/coil combo :)

The downside being that as much as I tell myself I have discovered the pinnacle of vaping nirvana, a quick browse over the new arrivals at fastech will always convince me otherwise.... :)

Well blimey, i have been a devoted ss mesh gennie style vaper for years, then was curious about squonking. it is a revelation, 28 ga ss coil, just a simple single strand, 9 wrap coil on a pico squeeze i did buy a narda rda and then connection issues at the 510 junction were resolved by undoing the squonking pin enough to make contact with pico pin but after that, wham. I can do gentle inhalations or slightly stronger, and never get a dry hit, unless i forget to squeeze. I never tried dripping and now i'm sitting in the squonking convert pew. I think why the narda works so well is the fact that the chambers small and the air holes are real close to cotton and coil. this is the first cotton build i have used and have not got that after taste of cotton. My tastebuds are really sensitive to that artificial wicking stuff, which is why i stuck to ss mesh, so its happy days. I'll use me old gennie for evenings of nostalgia, wow wow wow. gobsmacked!!

I'm a paradox :( I absolutely HATED anything to do with Drippers. Work of the Devil, messy, noisy and pointless.

Then I finally got an almighty shove into the world of squonking by @Huggett :worship: who insisted that I was missing not only a trick, but a damn good one at that!!
The Bug caught me good and proper!! Slowly I discovered that Squonkers were beginning to out number all my beloved Mech and Regulated Mods :( They all sat on the shelf in front of me, making me feel guilty.

I am the first to admit, I am a seasonal vaper, by which I mean my choice of equipment and especially liquids, change come Autumn and Winter, so I can see old favourites coming back into the rotation during this spell, but Spring and Summer will find me back Squonking to the exclusion of pretty much everything else.

Which reminds me, I need to stock up on some Winter Warmers, pm incoming @manabush ;)
Tis is so true, there is another dimension aside from seasonal changes, I refer to up and about active vaping, yes I am converted to squonking, but it don't work so well when I'm on the move, seasonal changes affect me when it's winter I'm walking the dogs and the chamber casing takes longer to create a consistent satisfying vape. Wind also has a massive effect on a satisfactory tote. But sat down with slippers on, the squonking comes into it's own. Out and about knocking about, the genesis atty seems the more practical solution. I forget when to squeeze the squonk when pre occupied with work life stuff

No.
Back on the trusty old clieto..most of the time.
Although I have just rebuilt the pulse 22,and am currently shoving a new batch of banana custard through it...via the drone

Back
Top Bottom