What's new

Have I bought a dud mod?

freshy

Initiate
Hi folks ,
After I told myself I would never buy another regulated device again as they dont last, on average 9 months other then the Vamo tube mod I gave away around 8 years back.
On Saturday I bought a Empire squonker. only because it has a 3 year guarantee and a board that is easily replaceable .
I feel dumb asking this but why am I only getting 40 or 50 watts on 0.48 coil ?
Even swapping the New Profile PS ( with right pin installed) for another RDA with a lower resistance i still dont get close to 100 watts .
The batteries I own that are all molicel 21700 , thou some might be geeing close to a year old all work fine in my mechs .
I even tried 3 month old molly p28a 2800 mah 18650 with an adapter , still not getting past 60watts
using a my old geek vape with a built in battery I can get 100 watts on that device even when the battery is only 50%.
Have I got a Dud mod , or is there another reason I cant get close too 100 watts?

Hi folks ,
After I told myself I would never buy another regulated device again as they dont last, on average 9 months other then the Vamo tube mod I gave away around 8 years back.
On Saturday I bought a Empire squonker. only because it has a 3 year guarantee and a board that is easily replaceable .
I feel dumb asking this but why am I only getting 40 or 50 watts on 0.48 coil ?
Even swapping the New Profile PS ( with right pin installed) for another RDA with a lower resistance i still dont get close to 100 watts .
The batteries I own that are all molicel 21700 , thou some might be geeing close to a year old all work fine in my mechs .
I even tried 3 month old molly p28a 2800 mah 18650 with an adapter , still not getting past 60watts
using a my old geek vape with a built in battery I can get 100 watts on that device even when the battery is only 50%.
Have I got a Dud mod , or is there another reason I cant get close too 100 watts?

What is the voltage output of the board? After a quick search the only mention I can find of the chipset is that it is removable - but no mention of its output capabilities except '100 Watts' which is pretty meaningless as there is no mention of the voltage output or what resistance you need to build to to achieve it.

Some Chinese chipsets that have voltage boost circuitry are kind of limited in how much they can boost the voltage (some Vandy chips only boost to 5.5 Volts), so it COULD be down to the voltage limit.

The battery management/chip on the Empire is pretty crap and very limiting on the power it puts out. Lots of people have issues with it, if it's not hitting where you usually vape at then I would just return it.

Btw my favorite mod is one I got from someone here who gave me a mod they won couple years ago and it still is just as good as it was when I got it. It's my everyday vape. VStorm Trip. Goes up to 200 watts IMG_20230504_184430254.jpg
Edit, it uses 18650 batteries. But also has a micro USB port for charging the batteries inside the mod

The battery management/chip on the Empire is pretty crap and very limiting on the power it puts out. Lots of people have issues with it, if it's not hitting where you usually vape at then I would just return it.
I returned it and now looking for another regulated or mech squonker ,

The Dovpo Topside Dual seems to be popular choice for regulated. I have no idea about mechs.

I returned it and now looking for another regulated or mech squonker ,

Regulated wise the Pulse V3 should be out within the next week or so, might be worth a look if you're just after a cheap option. I like the pulse V2, just cause it's quite lightweight and can whack it in a pocket, dual battery then Topside Dual is the go to. If you want to spend a little more then Rebel/Boxer are worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom